Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 02:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Syndicate (2012)
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 15:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi,

Just thought I'd post a topic about this game, if anyone was planning on getting it or, was on the edge about it. It appears to support Surround (that's what I use) flawlessly!! You can't select the resolution within the game menu, but adjusting the .cfg file to your native rez (5760x1080 for me) the game loads up perfectly. All cut scenes render on middle monitor. Hud is centred. everything works! Only thing I would try and do is adjust the FOV, but that's just me being picky. Runs at a solid 60 FPS also. I've attached some pics for your viewing pleasure.

cheers

Spoonie

Mod Edit:Images will resize themselves to fit the page after the site has cached them, so there no need to use size the attribute, also if your going to use size attribute it helps if you keep the same aspect ratio otherwise the images look squeezed like they did. Lastly, you do have the ability to upload images to this site by way of creating a gallery, you can find the option on the left under Create content.

Post subject: Origin-only I assume?
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 17:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Origin-only I assume?

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post subject: Works in Eyefinity
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 20:30 

I was able to enable Eyefinity without editing the .cfg file. Might be different for Nvidia. In video options under "Monitor Aspect Ratio" I was able to select "AMD Eyefinity" and then set the resolution to 6036x1080.

@Dopefish - I purchased through Amazon and after download it forced me to Origin.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 21:23 

I love the original game and its nice to see surround works.

But is it a good game?

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 21:42 

Installing right now, good to see there is native Surround support. I'm only worried about the FOV, because EA doesn't have a solid track-record for FOV in their games lately. When I get it installed, I'll look around in the game directories for possible changes.

-- What about in-game Graphics Options? AA/AF, Textures, Shadows, Shaders, etc?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 22:57 
Editors
Editors

Time to create a detailed Report ;) i wish you luck!

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 04:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Installing right now, good to see there is native Surround support. I'm only worried about the FOV, because EA doesn't have a solid track-record for FOV in their games lately. When I get it installed, I'll look around in the game directories for possible changes.

-- What about in-game Graphics Options? AA/AF, Textures, Shadows, Shaders, etc?

As for in game options, it might only be a Nvidia thing, whereby you have to edit the .cfg. Not a big deal though :)

FOV - yeah it could be adjusted...I'm not skilled enough to know where to begin, but there are some options in the cfg file that could be adjusted.

Graphic options - Are limited to a slider bar :-/ I just put everything up and it runs @ 5760x1080 - 60 fps. It looks good, but could be better. Again there might be some tweaks in the cfg file that can be adjusted.

Game - I like it so far, it's pretty good. I think it's going to be a good game, but I haven't gone that far into yet! I got it cheap of cdkeyshere, so thought I'd give it a go!

enjoy

Spoonie

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 00:55 

No FOV adjustment from what I can tell, but it's doable in surround/eyefinity. Game looks and plays well, but my only complaint would have to be the post-processing and bloom. My word, I have never seen such an overuse of bloom in all my years of gaming. Literally hurts my eyes in some sequences.

Post subject: CFG file
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 01:59 

I cant seem to find the CFG file that you're mentioning

You mean user.cfg in the install path?
Havent been able to get this game to work if i'm in eyefinity mode. Screen artifacts and no option for my resolution :(

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 09:09 
Insiders
Insiders

I cant seem to find the CFG file that you're mentioning

You mean user.cfg in the install path?
Havent been able to get this game to work if i'm in eyefinity mode. Screen artifacts and no option for my resolution :(

Mate it's in the documents folder under Syndicate...it's called environment.cfg.

It's about half way down.

VID_DWIDTH=5760
VID_DHEIGHT=1080

:)