Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 04:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 02:14 
I Donated
I Donated

I can confirm that Mass Effect 3 (demo), does not support Eyefinity/NVIDIA Surround. And this time around, the resolutions are simply not even there. The highest it'll detect is 1920x1200 for me.

Welp, I'd say Bioware will end up doing the same thing again, unless by some miracle we really push them on this.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 02:53 

You might want to check your setup. Eyefinity is working flawlessly for me. The in game cut scenes are on the center monitor and the game looks awesome. The only thing that is kinda annoying is the low FOV and the non centered HUD.

Attached files

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 03:13 

Just played through the demo, worked great in Eyefinity for me too.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 03:58 
Insiders
Insiders

I can probably fix the FoV with no issues. I'm not 100% certain on the interface, though.

I'd really like to make a fix for this game, and even buy it, but I'm against Origin.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 04:17 
Editors
Editors

dopefish, what methods do you use to discover where to alter fov and hud values? Are you just scanning in memory for specific things? I would like to know the technical side of what goes into fixing games so that I may try my hand at it

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 04:17 
I Donated
I Donated

Was able to get it working through configuring that GameSettings file. But as dope said, had some bad FoV. Also, the menus seem to be zoomed/cropped in. I was barely able to make out what was on screen to start the actual game.

I think the game doesn't detect NVIDIA surround unless that INI file is edited.

None the less, I was able to at least play it!

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 05:15 

I dunno what the issue is with the FOV? Was perfectly fine to me!! Just played through the entire demo and loved every minute of it. As for the menu, is it worth the hassel? Honestly - the health bars etc, the most important stuff is already on the middle screen. IMO this demo is near close to perfect in every reguard for eyefinity users, hopefully its just an demo issue for NV Surround users.

And I can understand your reluctance with Origin Dopefish. I preffer to use the one service where all my games are, but I gotta admit, EA really have a point this time with what Valve/Steam are limiting.. As much as id preffer to buy it on Steam, if they cant sort out the issue at hand I will buy it on Origin - this game is worth it.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 05:30 

Portrait EF (3600x1920) does not work for me. I can select the resolution, and the game seems to scale properly, but only the center monitor shows anything. The left and right are blank. This worked in ME2 :(

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 07:49 
Insiders
Insiders

It must be a nvidia thing. I started the demo and it was across 3 screens. Main menu was fine, but character selection was all zoomed in and I couldnt continue into the game. Same with coop :(

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 08:47 

Worked great here too, but a little choppy on my 5870 ( >5760x1200, whatever the bezel comp res was). The FOV looked just fine to me, better than most games I've played with Eyefinity.

The only issue was the already mentioned non-centered HUD.

I just might to upgrade to a 7950 or 7970 for this game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next