Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 23:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BF3 Help
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 02:16 

Hello all ... I am new to the community and to multi display and wide screen gaming , so I hope I am posting in the correct forum. I am currently running twin ATI 6950's in crossfire mode with 3 27" hp 2711x LED displays. Problems I am having trying to play BF3 in 3 monitors is that when I go into game I cant see menus or have the ability to change any settings usually because there is no cursor , which makes me have to do a hard restart.. Also the last time I tried BF3 in eyefinity mode it seemed to blank out my video drivers so I haven't played in eyefinity since. I deactivate eyefinity to play only on 1 monitor and it works great.. I was told that Ea/Dice were supposed to be fixing the issue .. Is this a bug of some sort? I was told by a friend not to attemp bf3 in eyefinity until issue has been addressed .. BFBC2 works and plays awesome in eyefinity. But on the other hand I am reading that alot of other players can use eyefinity and I read others have some of the same issues I have so thanks in advance and any help appreciated.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 18:16 

There is a short time fix to run in eyefinity in windowed mode---but i heard it a a pain in the ass(changing monitor cables etc)
Dice know about the main eyefinity problem so i here and we are awaiting a fix,dont know how long though.
The game runs fine for me in 1 monitor ,i have 1 x ati 6970 card,8gb ram.I remember there was main menu problems but i aint tried it on 3 monitors since day 1,im just waiting on the fix

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 07:36 

ok thanks .. mine runs great on 1 display too so I think I'm just gonna wait on Dice for this one.. Thanks for ur help