Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 01:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 22:33 

As topic says, I am trying to get battlefield 3 to run on 2 monitors, where one is stacked on top of the other.

Eyefinity lets me group the to monitors together as intended with a resolution of 1680*2100 which works as intended. When i enter the game though my arms and weapon is "strecthed" over both monitors, with the crosshair in between the bezzels. This is as expected i guess. However, compared to running them side by side, it appears that i loose horizontel FoV without gaining any vertical FoV.

What i wish to achieve is that my bottom monitor would basically display the same as it would when playing on a single monitor, whereas the top monitor would display an "extended" view, showing what is above me. This would somehow involve making the crosshair appear in the middle of the lower screen.

I dont know if this is possible through the eyefinity setup, game setup interface, or if there are any other 3rd party software that would allow this.

Any help would be appriciated.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Well this would have to be done using SoftTH, which I don't think you can even go online with SoftTH, but anyway.

Basically you have to trick the computer into thinking you're running 1680x3150 and have the bottom screen be the "middle" screen.
you'll probably need a dummy plug to make the computer think you have a monitor there though. Or just be really good a configuring softTH.