Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 23:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 18:33 

hey guys,i was suppose to be setting up eyefinity last year but didnt have money,anyways im ready to go now so looking for some help.

I have just finished buying my third monitor(samsung p2470hd) i currently have a gtx 470 card just now.....here are my comp specs

CAS: CoolerMaster Storm Scout Gaming Mid-Tower 420W Case w/ Transparent Side Panel
CPU:Intel Core i7 860 2.80MHZ 8MB Cache LGA1156 ***Overclockable XXX***
FAN: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System For Intel LGA1366(Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)***Overclockable XXX***
MOTHERBOARD: Asus P7P55D LE Intel P55 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX DDR3 LGA1156 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 3 PCI
MEMORY: 8GB (4x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL NQ Series w/Heat Spreader ***Overclockable XXX***)
POWERSUPPLY: 1000 Watts Power Supplies (Azza Gaming Active PFC Power Supply SLI/CrossFire Ready )
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX470 1GB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Power by NVIDIA)
Monitor 3x Samsung p2470hd

Anyways,i am looking into the best eyefinity?/nvidia surround gaming setup.
1.With my specs above can anyone confirm my MB doesnt support sli?i was planning in getting another gtx 470(for now)
2.If not to above what is the best option for my system specs?
3.Should i buy the ati 6970? and have 1 card?
4.should i buy the GTX 570,and have the 1 card(could this 1 card run triple monitor gaming well? at high fps settings?
5.I am looking to be able to run the following games on high tbh.....BC2,L4d2,dirt2/3,team fortress 2.
6.The main game i am planning to run is BC3,so i am looking to run my triple monitors on the best i can get as the game nears release(i understand we cant tell the spcs properly for this game,but to run in in med/high would be fine for me)

7.Is there any other suggestions from the experts on how i can have the best experience on 3 monitors

Ps i cant really afford the 4gb ati 6990 tbh,far to expensiv for me just now/

I would really appreciate any help and knowledge taking into considerations of my system spec,regarding power,Mb,Ram etc

Thank You