Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 03:58 

Hey my goal is not to step on any toes, but to have a central/summarized(simplified for the average user) eyefinity list for those that need the info. So far the grand majority of games I've tested have been STEAM versions... This list could always use contributions, but please be elaborate and concise when describing compatibility problems, also please be as simple as possible in practice when suggesting fixes as I am trying to make a more simplified resource for the multi-mon users. I also intend to include (legal..as in excluding no-cd hacks for general reasons) fixes when they are available. I am one person so please be advised that I will update as often as timing permits...

Multi-Monitor Compatibility
It's a work in progress but updates and corrections are dynamic...

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 21:22 
Editors
Editors

Looks like you need explore and familiarize yourself with all the WSGF has to offer, young padawan :mrgreen:

If you can provide 4:3 shots for comparison, we could use that kind of feedback here: The big list of games that need a TH section

Browsing the Master Games List and each game's Detailed Report you will see that:
-Drakensang supports Surround resolutions natively... Must be sth wrong on your end.
-Just Cause works great with the help of Racer_S...
-Infernal needs proper aspect ratio support, not FOV...

Of course, I'm just sayin' - feel free to update your post as you see fit.

:welcome

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 22:35 

Looks like you need explore and familiarize yourself with all the WSGF has to offer, young padawan :mrgreen:

If you can provide 4:3 shots for comparison, we could use that kind of feedback here: The big list of games that need a TH section

Browsing the Master Games List and each game's Detailed Report you will see that:
-Drakensang supports Surround resolutions natively... Must be sth wrong on your end.
-Just Cause works great with the help of Racer_S...
-Infernal needs proper aspect ratio support, not FOV...

Of course, I'm just sayin' - feel free to update your post as you see fit.

:welcome

Hey thanks for the welcome as well as the corrections/contributions. Perhaps my list might be eyefinity specific, but I'll have to re-confirm Drakensang.

Okay, I can confirm that the XML edit fixes things, you just have to make sure you have an actual profile.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 00:13 

For Drakensang, larger resolutions must be written to the .ini. Everything else works fine, then.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 03:18 

For Drakensang, larger resolutions must be written to the .ini. Everything else works fine, then.

Thanks for the info, yeah the problem was that I started the game and didnt make any changes to warrant the game creating a full config XML, so I was just seeing a blank one until I changed the configuration in game then quit it.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 03:37 
Insiders
Insiders

You consider a game with HUD elements that relocate to the side monitors 100% compatible? I would dock a few % for that it annoys me to no end.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 03:50 

You consider a game with HUD elements that relocate to the side monitors 100% compatible? I would dock a few % for that it annoys me to no end.

If the game supports the eyefinity resolution from the in-game menu or pre-game launcher, and the HUD isnt especially stretched/distorted, then yes I consider that 100% compatible, as most config files allow you to modify the position of your HUD elements. First and foremost is correct resolution, aspect ratio, and field of view support. I find no issue with the HUD elements not being on the primary monitor, but thats just personal preference.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 07:36 

I actually came up with my own personal list similar to this. I realized that there are different components that make up 'compatibility'. I made three major categories as well as an overall category: Game FOV, Menu, HUD, and Overall. I also had a 'notes' section for any file edits / hacks needed to make the game work.

For example:

Assassin's Creed 2
FOV: Hor+
Menu: Centered
HUD: Centered
Overall: Perfect

Killing Floor
Menu: Stretched
HUD: Stretched
Overall: Playable

etc.

I feel that in your list basically all a game needs to be 100% compatible is Hor+ FOV and usable menus / HUD (aka the game is playable). I think there should be a differentiation between games like Aassassin's Creed 2, Bad Company 2, and Burnout Paradise where they get everything perfect out of the box (Menu, HUD, FOV, everything) versus for example Nail'd which is playable in eyefinity but the menus are BARELY usable as well as the HUD being stretched.

Maybe if you changed "100% compatible" to "Playable out of the box" or something and take special note of the games that get absolutely everything right. I do like to reward the devs who get it all right.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 15:35 

I actually came up with my own personal list similar to this. I realized that there are different components that make up 'compatibility'. I made three major categories as well as an overall category: Game FOV, Menu, HUD, and Overall. I also had a 'notes' section for any file edits / hacks needed to make the game work.

For example:

Assassin's Creed 2
Menu: Centered
HUD: Centered
Overall: Perfect

Killing Floor
Menu: Stretched
HUD: Stretched
Overall: Playable

etc.

I feel that in your list basically all a game needs to be 100% compatible is Hor+ FOV and usable menus / HUD (aka the game is playable). I think there should be a differentiation between games like Aassassin's Creed 2, Bad Company 2, and Burnout Paradise where they get everything perfect out of the box (Menu, HUD, FOV, everything) versus for example Nail'd which is playable in eyefinity but the menus are BARELY usable as well as the HUD being stretched.

Maybe if you changed "100% compatible" to "Playable out of the box" or something and take special note of the games that get absolutely everything right. I do like to reward the devs who get it all right.

Thank you so very much for your suggestion and really had there not been an existing structure to this list that would be a change well implemented. My structure stands even despite the fact that I like your idea, but I will at least consider it. I personally prefer my HUD on the outer monitors (action front and center) as I find my peripheral might perhaps be wider than average. Thats just a point for you to consider, perfect for me might not be perfect for you...

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 16:51 

I would love to see this broken down by genre.