Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 15:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 17:13 

I'm new here but I've visited this site quite a few times as I've dabbled with EyeFinity research and things like that.

I had a pair of 19.5in monitors and was curious one day and set them up in EyeFinity(DS Landscape), and played with it for a while. I've gotten used to the center bezel and can play any game with the monitors set up this way and I'm absolute in love with the perspective.
However I'm finding that a few games are not supporting Eyefinity, or with one game(Tomb Raider 2013 one of my favorites) They support EyeFinity with ti monitor, but not DS.
After moving up to eyefinity I really do not like going back to a 16:9 screen and moving my monitors around to play a game on a single screen.

I've noticed here though, that there's no support for DS Eyefinity either. It's not very common, but there could be a good amount of others around the gaming community that would appreciate the support of dual screen surround gaming.
I kinda registered for this site to ask about this topic and was wondering if there was any contribution I could provide perhaps, or find support with related issues.

OT Note: A lot of people ask "how can you play with a bezel down the center" It comes from 1 no bezel compenstation and 2 an understanding of neurology and an neurological/ocular effect called Troxlers fading(associated.)
When you have a conscious awareness of the bezel you end up seeing it all the time and it gets in the way. But if you try train yourself into not seeing and acting like it doesn't exist, and your vision gets used it, then the bezel seems to become somewhat "invisible" and the brain compensates for its existence in your field of view. It's a conditioning of neurological effects.
When you get focused into the game, you fail to notice the bezel because your mind is focused on the image and "stitches" them together seemlessly in your visual processing.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 19:44 
Founder
Founder

Dual screen has never really caught on, in most cases. There are some where the 2nd screen could be used for an alternative purpose, such as a map in Supreme Commander or flight controls in Flight Sim X. Most people could never get around the bezel.

Based on current display offering, I would think most people would go to a 21:9, which would offer a wider aspect than a single monitor, but not deal with bezels.

Dual screen is great for productivity, and if you come across games that offer unique support of dual screen, we'd love to have that info in our database.