Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 02:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009, 15:24 

Downloading the demo and will post result soon :)

FINGERS CROSSED :)

BUT BEFORE THAT I'ma gonna watch LOST!

omgomgmg gomgomg

new lost is out!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOD EDIT : PaddyWak
Thought I'd add this to the first post ...

Yay ...
It appears to be fixed ... :surroundsmiley

After the update via Steam ...
In the graphics settings ... Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu ... at the bottom ... turn OFF Widescreen and all seems good in TH ...

TripleHead ...

16:10 ...

5:4 ...

Unfortunate wording means that you have to turn OFF widescreen in order to get what I would call true widescreen ... :roll:
Now it might actually deserve that gold certification !

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009, 17:11 

The game use anamorphic widescreen, like Condemned, Mirror's Edge, Assassins Creed, so it will probably take some work to get it to look right in triplehead, unfortunatly.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009, 17:31 

calling out to racer_s our saviour or / dopefish my hero ^^

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009, 21:45 
Editors
Editors

Grabbed the demo, gave it a shot.

Runs well even with settings cranked right up on max @ 1920x1200 (2xAA/8xAF) on an 8800GT... which is better than I was expecting, to be honest.

After the first F.E.A.R, I was completely ready for F.E.A.R 2 to absolutely murder my gaming rig when stuff was cranked all the way up.

I'm not enamoured of the forced anamorphic, but it's better than the widescreen implementation of several other notable games, so...

My only really serious gripe with the demo is the motion blur - way over the top as per usual. But at least it can get turned off.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009, 21:59 
Editors
Editors

I was also impressed with the performance. Never budged from 60fps with everything max. The general look and feel of it is VERY consoley though imo. Only trouble I had with the demo is I couldn't use slo-mo ! There's no option for it in the keybindings ! It just said press [UNBOUND]. Helpful.

I still think anamorphic behavior should be punished, especially considering the trouble it gives TH users. We can ask for absolutely perfect widescreen as it's more than achievable.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009, 22:09 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, I was trying to forget the console-itis infection that this game as as well. Seems that's the way it's gonna be, though. :( The menus are really console-influenced, they're quite irritating to navigate.

And if Slomo is unbound (it wasn't for me...?) it should be Ctrl... try setting controls back to default?

Anamorphic is a big fail for TH gamers, I'll agree. I just can't understand why some devs seem to cope with proper, 100% correct widescreen support without even trying (or so it seems) and others struggle so badly. :|

I can send you my keybinding file (I found it buried in C:Documents and Settings[User]My DocumentsWBGamesFEAR2SPDEMOProfiles) as it's just called 'Profile0000.ltprofile' and opening it for editing looks like it'll be monumentally unhelpful. But the keybindings are in it.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009, 23:19 
Editors
Editors

Anamorphic 16:9. Crap. They went for the less PC-ish option they had. :(

The motion blur is not too much of a problem to me...
The "camera noise" is.
And the helmet/visor lookalike HUD.
And the full-screen inventory.
And the stupid "press E to open door" flashing messages that you can't turn off !
Honestly that's a PILE of useless distracting stuff between me and action. :evil:

The game runs smooth as silk with all details cranked up alright - but what about the micro-freezes that occur right before scripted events :shock:
The UT3-looking blood is not that great at all, either.
All in all... I'm cruelly disappointed. :(

1024x768

1280x800

1360x768

2560x683

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2009, 07:05 

*begs* racer_s

i soo wanna play but i won't play unless i can triplehead :P

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2009, 07:36 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm not against having an FOV fix for the demo. But I wont mind if we have to wait for the full game before we get one.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 14:38 
Editors
Editors

The demo is not even a full 'interval' and takes maybe 5 minutes to complete... I don't see Racer_S or anybody bothering fixing it while the full game and probably every patch version will need their own hack :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next