Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Sep 2024, 14:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 19:28 

My friend convinced me this week to pick back up World of Warcraft after a year away from the game. I've been enjoying my time back in Azeroth and can't wait to get my mage back up to top level, but now that I'm playing in eyefinity I was curious if anyone had found a UI that they thought was particularly useful for eyefinity. When I get home from work tonight I plan to try out this one:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/packs/4404/default.aspx

If anyone is playing WoW in eyefinity (or any surround) currently and has a UI they think is working great for it, feel free to let me know.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010, 01:33 

what server you playin?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010, 20:23 

I've joined my friend on Twisted Nether(RP-PVP). Interestingly enough, no one seems to rp on that server (thank god). And I think I've decided just to build my own UI using mods like I used to. I'll post screenshots once I get one setup that I like.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 14:32 

i play on illidan, one of the biggest and furthest in progression servers i have several characters over 5800gs

if you like anything in the ui lemme know i could make you up a list of it

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 06:59 

No need. I put my own together from a long list of addons I used to love before I quit a year ago. Here's the current UI I've put together:

As you can see, I elected to customize the UI, but keep the majority of it on the main screen. I do have my carbonite quests on the upper right hand corner of the left screen though, as well as grid in the upper left hand corner of my right screen and epicmusicplayer at the bottom of my right screen. I also have a couple hidden bars using dominos. Overall it works pretty well so far. I did end up switching the locations of the chat box and the main dominos bars though, because the chat was hard to read on top of that alliance logo.

Edit: As you can see, I still haven't found a good site to host pictures that won't resize them down away from my 5852x1080. If anyone knows a good one for eyefinity pics, I'd love a pm of what one you use.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 16:25 

yeah me either LOL if you and your friend get bored there and want to server change i would suggest hordeside illidan, dozens and dozens of endgame raiding guilds that always recruit i think there is like 30k hordeplayers to like the 5k alliance players on that server

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 16:27 

PS. i cant wait for a 3rd monitor i bet its sexy once i get a new video card and psu ill spend the money on th2go or something

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 09:15 

I usually just make my own, usually minimalistic and simple.
At work atm, so i only have access to this screenshot, but it does justice :)

I bind all abilities via Bindpad, and use cooldowntimer (i think) for all my cooldowns in the bottom left of the middle screen, and also for all my rotational abilities i have popups set up just under my toon when one is ready. As you can see i usually only use 4 buttons, usually for water food and potions etc.

Rest of the addons are self explanatory:

Dominos
Pitbull
Sct
Mapster
ct core
pminimap
ACB for cast bar.
Trinket menu

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 15:29 

who needs water food and potions as a paladin? LOL :)

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 22:10 

who needs water food and potions as a paladin? LOL :)

True that, although to be fair this is my generic ui for all my toons :p