Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Sep 2024, 08:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 05:16 
Editors
Editors

I got the Cinamatic Mod 10 downloaded and installed and so far it seems great.

It increased the graphical value of the game to a great extent and is giving this old game a fresh feel. A good thing since I wanted to replay it on 3x monitors anyways so now its less of a drag.

Without this mod I had no crosshair at all for some reason, making the game pretty much unplayable, with the mod I get a little white standard crosshair in the center of the screen. Problem is that white color is invisible half the time for me so far, any kind of light source or bright enemy and I cant see it, so I really want to mod it into a larger different color if possible. Anybody know how?

Also does anybody know if the CM10 mod makes the game harder??? I beat all these games in the past and I did die a few times here and there mostly near the end of the game but now I have died many many times already just at the start of the game. I die in just a few shots, a few random bullets from a handgun can kill me while running and just one spray of bullets upclose from a machine gun is like instant death. I have the game on normal and I can very strongly considering taking it down to easy.

The other "problem" is its so dark now! I cant see in like 1/3 of the areas making me resort to the flashlight, but I kinda like this and it adds to the feel of the mod.

I should mention I poked around in the CM10 forums and there is a 10.1 hotfix and I have that isntalled too, it fixes some AI but late in the game for EP2 so make sure you get that if you want to play through the whole game with this mod.

As for performance, they make this mod sound super demanding but with 4gb system ram (the minimum they suggest) and all game settings to the highest its 60fps constantly on a ATI 5870.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 18:22 

Same issue here with the crosshair, i got used to it and yes the game is harder, specially at the end parts even on easy! and yes it is darker, but as you i kind of like it more this way. I did however have some AI issues from nova propekt on, loading from last point seemed to fix it more or less, just finished HL2 yesterday, will start EP1 today.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 05:37 
Editors
Editors

There is a 10.1 hotfix that addresses an AI issue, it may have been the one you are talking about.

I am liking it alot with the mod, still no crosshair on vehicles though and that can make it hard in those areas of the game.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 08:52 

Very true, but i guess it makes sense no? i really like the dark feel the mod gives it, and of course, it feels new and not dated as it used to with the graphics pack : )