Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 16:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bandits - Phoenix rising
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2008, 03:12 

This is an older game(2003) and it's on the list for the supported TH2GO games, but there's one problem... I can't figure out how to get the FOV right. It's very stretched and unplayable. I tried running the 'surround gaming utilty' but it says it can't find the config file and I should start the game before running the SGU. But, I already have... several times actually, and it still won't work. If anyone knows a fix for this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT:OK, never mind. Apparently there is an option in the bandits setup menu to set it to "surround gaming" but the menu is all funky and I didn't see it. You can delete this post i guess.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2008, 15:06 
Editors
Editors

I'll keep that in mind when I write the Detailed Report for this title, thank you ;)

Nice to see someone's been playing this game by the way :) Did you per chance try it in multiplayer ? I remember I never could setup a LAN game. Seems like eons ago though...

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2008, 03:47 

I haven't tried multiplayer. Honestly, I got it in hopes it'd be somewhat like I76, but so far I'm not all too impressed. It's not bad, but I was hoping for more charactor development and a realistic approach. I76 spoiled me. :P Sure wish there was a fix for I76. I can run it triplehead w/a 3dfx wrapper, but the FOV is way off. It uses the mechwarrior 2 engine.