Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 19:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2007, 12:28 
Editors
Editors

It isn't ideal but it is the best we have at the moment ...

Here is a Mutator which allows FOV's up to 130 ... for online play the server must run it too.
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594587

Readme ...
Add the mutator when starting a game, as normal. With it running, open the console (press TAB for the quick console or F10 for the full console by default) and type mutate fov 90 (or whatever your desired FOV is in place of the 90) and press return.
The value you last set will be saved in the INI file so that it can be appplied next time you run the mutator.
The FOV value is a client-side setting, so if you join a server running this mutator, you will get your own chosen FOV.
The allowed values for FOV are 70-130o. Values above 130 are disallowed because the camera starts to clip, allowing players to see through walls.

FOV 100 ... the highest the game will allow without the mutator.

FOV 130 using the Mutator

FOV 100 ... the highest the game will allow without the mutator.

FOV 130 using the Mutator

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2008, 07:00 

I know that you posted this a while ago, but I really need someone to FULLY explain what I need to do; what buttons I need to press and what to do in the next step. When I read "open the console" I was very confused, because I don't know what or where that is. Is that IN the game or do I have to open up a folder? That is what I'm needing; specific step by step directions. Thank you paddy in advance for whatever you can do to get me going in the right direction. I look forward to your reply soon... PNug...

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2008, 10:40 
Editors
Editors

I'll re-install so I can give you a more detailed "How to" ... you should have it by this time tomorrow ... 8)

What was missing from that first post is how to install the mutator but that info is also in the readme ...
Installation ... Extract the zip to "My DocumentsMy GamesUnreal Tournament 3UTGame".
and ... what the console is should be come oblivious when you press one of the console keys mentioned in the first post (whilst running the game).

Anyway ... like I say ... a more detailed "How to" is on it's way ........ 8)

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2008, 11:00 

Paddy,

Would the mutator work in other UE 3.0 games such as Gears of War or Frontline?

This is great new for WS and SS (surround screen) users.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2008, 11:19 
Editors
Editors

No ... it is for UT3 only.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2008, 20:03 
Editors
Editors

OK ... here is some instructions ... I hope they are OK for you.

Installation ... Extract the zip to "My DocumentsMy GamesUnreal Tournament 3UTGame".

Start the game ...
Go to "Instant Action" ...
Choose the map you want to play on ...
At the bottom on the right there should be "Mutators" ... click it ...
A new screen appears ...
Highlight the "Free FOV" mutator ... and double click it so that it now appears in the "Enabled Mutators" on the right ...
Click "Accept" and "Start the Game" ...
Whilst the "Press Fire to Start" screen is showing bring down the console by pressing the "Tab" key ... a bar should appear at the bottom of the screen where you can type in ... MUTATE FOV 130
The FOV should change when you press return.
That is it ... the FOV should be at 130 whenever you use the Mutator.

8)

This only works on-line if the server you play on is running the mutator and if it is you get the FOV you have set.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 09:14 

Thanks Paddy !!! I will try that tomorrow when I get on the computer. Thanks again for your help... PNug...

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2008, 04:46 

Paddy, I've tried it and for whatever reason it's freezing up my PC. So I'm even bothering playing UT3. And what really sucks about it all is that there are really no maps available to play and no real mods out there. I know it's going to take time but I've got a feeling that it's never going to ever get as popular at UT2004. It's unfortunate because it's a beautiful looking game... If you want to really step me through some more of what I could be missing, then please tell me. In fact I will PM you my phone number and we can talk over the phone. I talk sooooo much faster than I can type. Let me know if you're willing to do that for me. I look forward to your reply... Thanks again for all your help... Later... PNug