Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 06:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 19:27 

Hi,

I have just built my first surround gaming rig and I was wondering how you configure games to compensate for the gap in the display from the bezels on each display?

Matrox publish a picture showing a before and after shot of a nascar racing game and you can see that diagonal shapes in the game (ie the barriers extending from the distance to the foreground or as another example, the horizon in a flight sim when you're banking) appear to continue behind the physical bezel of each display so that the actual images line up realistically... so I know it can be done, but how?

Is it something that can only be done with certain games?
Is it a manual entry into the config during SGU update?

Any help on this would be great.

As a side note, I have a tip (apologies if it's already known)...

I'm using 3 screens each with a native resolution of 1680×1050 and THG2 analogue. Even after applying the patch that adds extra widescreen resolutions I was unable to select my native resolution for when I just wanted to use a single screen. What I did was to connect a DVI cable from the other socket on the graphics card to the central monitor in addition to the original TH2G vga connections from the graphics card to the box and out to each screen.

Now all I have to do to switch between surround gaming and a single native res screen is to call up the Nvidia display panel and in the Display > Set up multiple displays, panel I just select either my default monitor or the matrox monitor and click apply.

First time you do it you might have to correct the screen resolution but thereafter it remembers.

Cheers

Carbon

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 19:40 

From your descriptions it sounds like you have an Analogue TripleHead2Go with VGA inputs and outputs. Bezel Management is only available on the Digital TripleHead2Go.

Post subject: Rats!
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 19:56 

Hi JKeefe,

Thanks for the quick reply,

Rats! is all I can say, I bought all the parts way back in January but have been the victim of faulty cards disguised by the nvlddmkm phenonemon and have only just got the rig to work, of course in the meantime Matrox went and released the digital version.

Can somebody here confirm that they can run a single screen in native 1680×1050 using the digital TH2G?

Thanks

Carbon

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 05:00 

I know you can run native resolution on a single screen.. But again i think its a digital option(though not positive)... I know one guy here posted how he had the techs flash his digital th2g and now he can run at that resolution with single screen mode and then uses the th2g @ 1280x800 or whatever the 16/10 res is...Have you thought about trying the softTH route?

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 12:34 

Hi Slide,

I haven't considered the softTH option yet as I know nothing about it and I'm more than happy with the performance of my analogue TH2G.

But if someone can confirm that their digital TH2G offers them a single screen at 1680×1050 then I will look at the cost/loss to see if it's worth me upgrading to the digital version to have the bezel management feature.

Lol... as a low-tech (out of the box) solution you can always alter the horizontal positioning on the left and right screens so that the images would appear to but up against the central display underneath the bezel but the sacrifice is that you'll have big black borders on the outer edge of the left and right displays.

Cheers

Carbon