Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 13:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 00:03 
Editors
Editors

Hi Guys ...
The demo does the TripleHead resolutions no problem but the Aspect Ratio options are limited ... no TripleHead option.
Luckily there is an Aspect Ratio setting in the config ... :D

So to get it right for TripleHead ... find the config ... in XP it is here ...
C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication DataCodemastersClive Barker's Jericho Demo
It is called ... game.cfg
Open it with WordPad or NotePad ... change the line ... PhysicalAspectRatio ... from it's current setting to ... = 4.000000
That's it ... enjoy in TripleHead ... 8)

It works great ... all the menus are on the center screen once the Aspect Ratio is put right in the config ... :D

There is some lovely use of depth of field blurring ... amongst lots of other eye candy ...

If you have an SLi system you can almost double your frame rate by setting the SLi Performance mode to Force alternate frame rendering 2 in the nVidia control Settings ...

Frame rate top right ...

Single-GPU

Force alternate frame rendering 2

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 09:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Looks awesome and thanks for the AFR2 hint.
Is the game any good? I am not a huge fan of third person perspectives, OK for an RPG but it is a bit consoley and I do get very annoyed when the camera disappears somewhere random!
Go on give me an excuse to download even more to add to my ever expanding internet bill;)

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 09:28 
Editors
Editors

It isn't 3rd person ... :wink:

I like it ... very short though ... only a tiny bit consolised ...

You can switch between characters for different abilities ... a bit like the original Ghost Recon but of course it isn't anything like it other than that and you can give some limited orders to your squad.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 09:46 
Insiders
Insiders

Sounds cool-good news, I read a couple of previews and some how got the impression it was third person. I should have actually looked at the guns in the images- d'oh!
Thanks for that I shall give the download manager another workout...

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 10:21 

I hate you. :(

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 18:44 
Editors
Editors

I love you ... :D

A couple more shots ... everything at max but no motion blur (I don't like it) this time with 4xAA ...

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 22:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah I like it. It will take a bit getting used to the controls and consolation but I love the graphics. They have that simlar gritty feel that STALKER does, nice. Brilliant in TH2Go! But, as people have put in the WS thread, too much darkness. Nothing a bit of tweaking cannot sort out!
Thanks Paddy was worth the download ;)
Byt he way what nvidia driver are you using, I don't have the demo in the 3d settings. Did you make a custom one?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 23:05 
Editors
Editors

I'm using XP ... Vista is too slow for gaming at TH resolutions for most games.

163.71 drivers ...
Yeah I just added the exe in the "Manage 3D Settings" ... "Program Settings"

Glad you like it and you found it worth the download even if it is a very short demo.

I will be getting this one for sure I really like it ...
The controls aren't so bad after a couple of run throughs ... a little tweaking to my preferences for keys and to the mouse sensitivity and I find them fine.
Many fps are run and gun down hallways ... this somehow has a cinematic feel ... like I'm part of a story
I also like the character switching ... (I miss that in GRAW 1&2)

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 23:25 
Insiders
Insiders

I am using XP Pro as well. Although I am waiting for my copy of 64bit home premium to arrive, just for Crysis!- and the RAM. It seems that at high res vista is catching up FiringSquad Article.
And I agree entirely. Not enough to see if it will be a really great game but it tickles me enough to give it a go, cinematic and -well- different, not run-of-the-mill. And I like his books!
I too was disappointed by GRAW2, but mainly for the dumb AI, squad and bad guys! Very common line 'Sir, I'm taking fire. Sir I am hit' -'Man down, man down!' just bloody shoot back!
At least all my mates get it as well, I have a little demo/mod DVD burning factory here at the mo bioshock, WiC, ETQW, First Strike, etc etc! I should get them to pay some of my phone bill :lol:
Have a good weekend, at least England are through to the quarters, good old Johnny Wilkinson!
Cheers
M1.9P

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 00:14 
Editors
Editors

Hey thanks for the link ... so things are getting better it seems ... :D

I hope they can get better still before Crysis ... it looks sooooo jucy.
I'll be getting a new comp I think if there are some new 8900's out by then ... there's also quad core and as you say the extra RAM to consider for Vista 64bit.
It is so difficult to know when best to upgrade ... there is always something new around the corner.

just bloody shoot back!
... :lol: ... exactly ! ... I got so annoyed a couple of times I shot them ... :|
Then I found you can turn off the voices in the options ... but it turns them all off ... :roll:

I haven't had time to see much of the Rugby ... work stuff.
I usually love to watch it ... and yeah ... go Johnny go ! ... :D
NZ playing tomorrow ... I'll have to try to find time watch it ... being an artist has its benefits like working when I want to but sometimes I forget what day it is as they are all the same and when I'm busy or on a roll with the painting it all becomes a blur ... :lol:

Back on topic ... if the demo is 1 GB and this short ... how big will the game be ? ... maybe I'll need another couple of Raptors ... :lol:

You have a good weekend too ...