Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 08:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: CS:S and SoftTH
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 15:59 

Hi everyone, my first post here (although I've looked here for widescreen tips before).

Today I set up a tripple monitor rig using a 8800GTS, 7300LE (no driver conflicts with the new forceware drivers), a 20" LCD and 2 17" LCDs. I've got Live For Speed working fine with SoftTH as it supports any resolution under the sun, however, I can't get Counterstrike Source to work yet. Generally what happens is it tries to load with SoftTH, then either crashes out in the menu, or once a game has been started.

Has anyone got this kind of setup working yet? If so what settings do I need to use?

Many thanks.

Post subject: CS:S and SoftTH
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 22:16 

Well I've been messing around with it, and have some results:

It seems it crashes at the menu in dx9 mode, doesn't crash but outputs scrambled content of video ram in dx8 mode, and actually almost works in dx7 mode.

In dxlevel 70 mode the correct resolution is selectable, the menu is accessable on the left screen, with the other 2 screen filled with scrambled output until a game is selected, however the mouse is offset (1280px, my selected res) and there is an offset of maybe 400px or so on the right image.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated :)