Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 02:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Matrox Extio F1220
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2007, 04:28 

I saw this today. Not completely Widescreen related, but it has it's purpose.

Matrox Graphics Inc., announced today the Extio F1220, the latest addition to the Extio series of Remote Graphics Units(RGUs). The Extio F1220 enables the extension of one or two displays with resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 per monitor, audio, two IEEE 1394 FireWire ports, and up to six USB devices(4 at the front, 2 at the back), including keyboard and mouse, by up to 820 feet(250 meters). By separating the computer from the monitors and user-interface, the Extio series of products helps address issues such as security, heat, noise, system maintenance and support, and system access in digital signage environments. The Extio F1220 RGU has no moving parts. It is connected to a Matrox PCI or PCI-Express Extio adapter card in a computer, workstation or server slot via a standard multi-mode fiber-optic cable with Dual-LC connectors. Matrox Extio F1220 will be available in the second quarter of 2007.

Thanks to Techpowerup.com for the information.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2007, 09:20 
Editors
Editors

I read about this aswell. It is certainly a cool device but what is it gonna cost again, freakin over 1000 euro I believe.
Watercooling or ultra quiet parts look like a better sollution to me then. :)

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2007, 22:13 

It's a commercial part, not a consumer part. Talk of security and digital signage (I hate that word) is what tips you off. This product is for large-scale applications where a $1000 piece of computer hardware is chump change.