Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jul 2024, 00:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 12:21 
Editors
Editors

Hey I just tried Splinter Cell Double Agent and it works with NVidia Surround (could not find anyone that had got it to run before), wanted to play it first before I tried Conviction...was quite surprised!

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8867

Looks good, and as you reported it isnt even "tricky" to set it on Surround eh hehe :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 14:44 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Hey I just tried Splinter Cell Double Agent and it works with NVidia Surround (could not find anyone that had got it to run before), wanted to play it first before I tried Conviction...was quite surprised!

Looks good, and as you reported it isnt even "tricky" to set it on Surround eh hehe :lol:

3 day ban! :lol:

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 01:23 

[quote][quote]Hey I just tried Splinter Cell Double Agent and it works with NVidia Surround (could not find anyone that had got it to run before), wanted to play it first before I tried Conviction...was quite surprised!

3 day ban! :lol:

yeah, he must be PUN-ished for that one...

UPDATE! The sniper scope does not work correctly (unplayable) in Surround, but you don't need it that often so I play in Surround mode until I need the sniper, then I play in single mode. Wrote a SCDAx1.bat and SCDAx3.bat to copy the correct two ini files into place and then launch the game, working nicely! The game does corrupt its auto-save games quite often (C++ Runtime Error crash) so make sure you make your own quicksaves often.

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010, 17:43 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the update, tricky. (Unplayable, really ?)
I only just installed the game and support appears to be native (TH2G). The game did start at 1024x768 using my native AR (48:10), so getting into the options menu was a bit of a challenge, but now the AR & FOV are ok and I didn't edit a single file. Which makes that sniper scope bug even more of a bummer... :nudgenudge

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010, 19:55 

Thanks for the update, tricky. (Unplayable, really ?)
I only just installed the game and support appears to be native (TH2G). The game did start at 1024x768 using my native AR (48:10), so getting into the options menu was a bit of a challenge, but now the AR & FOV are ok and I didn't edit a single file. Which makes that sniper scope bug even more of a bummer... :nudgenudge

I was (off-topic) talking about Splinter Cell Double Agent, which I did not see any posts that anyone had got it working triplewide, and how the Sniper zoom does not work properly (not centered, solid black oval, cannot see target), I have not tried Conviction yet as I wanted to finish SCDA first. I am probably 50-60% done with SCDA and enjoying the game a lot (though using a visual walk through as I have no idea how people played this game without a hint here and there). So far only had to use the Sniper Zoom at one part of the game, so have played the rest of the game triplewide. It does crash to desktop quite often with C++ Run-time errors, so make sure you F6 (quick-save) often.

Will definitely play Conviction once I complete Double Agent...

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2010, 16:09 
Editors
Editors

Right, sorry - I was too tired to get the hints, apparently (SCDAxx.bat... quicksaves... nope, that's not Conviction!) :doh
You should really post that update in the SCDA DR thread, though.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010, 06:10 
Founder
Founder

Right, sorry - I was too tired to get the hints, apparently (SCDAxx.bat... quicksaves... nope, that's not Conviction!) :doh
You should really post that update in the SCDA DR thread, though.

Maybe a mod could split those posts off and merge them into the other thread? :wink:

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2010, 22:55 
Editors
Editors

I figured ppl kind enough to post such detailed updates would be able to do so in the right place, and oh look ! I was right :mrgreen:
Thanks again tricky !

In other news, look for Conviction as part of the next additions to the Multi-Mon Main Menu gallery, tallscreen thread and graffiti screenie expo !

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 09:39 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd like to point this out to anybody who bought the Splinter Cell games in the recent STEAM sale; if you run a single monitor resolution on your desktop but the game is set to run a multi-monitor resolution surround gaming will use the aspect ratio of your desktop resolution.

To remedy this, simply set your desktop to use the same resolution you want the game to use before booting it up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9