Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 15:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 05:15 

Hey guys - long time lurker, first time poster :)

Just wanted to thank HayDen for the fantastic work on getting this up and running - I've been putting off starting what I hope will be a fantastic game because of the lack of Eyefinity (and the lack of crossfire) support, and now, the part that I thought was going to take longer of the two is ready to go.

I just tested it on my Steam version and it works perfectly (with the annoying exception of having to run it in a window, for the same reason as everybody else).

I guess I'm going to hold off until the patch comes out, but just wanted to add my voice to all the folks thanking you for such an awesome job :)

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 05:42 

Hmm, strange bug. When dialog, inventory, or anything that was framed before pops up. My cursor no longer can move past half way point on my screen. Looks like the frame for the cursor got moved to the far left and is now bound to a maximum of the old 16:9 width.

Out of those interaction screens the cursor is fine, same with the main menu.

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 06:17 

Just a tip for people only able to run in windowed mode:

Set your desktop resolution to 1920x1080, and then launch the Witcher.

You should find that the game then launches in fullscreen at your chosen res.

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 09:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Wow hayden, amazing job and so fast too! :). Definitely worked for me. Unfortunately since I can't run the game full screen, it's not getting anywhere near playable performance even with pretty much all graphics settings set to low. So I have to play single screen till they fix the full screen bug :(.

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 11:48 

hello :rockout

c es what is possible to have a dll witcher 2 for this program?

I do not know how to return this software can give me a hand

HAYDEN great work you can try with another version? non steam

thanks

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 11:51 

hello

c es what is possible to have a dll witcher 2 for this program? http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

I do not know how to return this software can give me a hand

HAYDEN great work you can try with another version? non steam

thanks

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 12:00 

Thanks for the time spent on that job but it's definitely not working with the non Steam version. :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 12:54 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi Guys - thanks for your input, I am aware of the GUI mouse restriction appearing on occasion, altho if you launch with Flawless running... it shouldn't happen any where near as often, if you apply it mid way through or while its running then you will see it often....

The fullscreen performance issue is there even without patching/modifying it, your best to set it to run windowed at the fullscreen res you desire in the stock launcher, make sure your taskbar etc is minimized, other than 2-3 pixels down the bottom it should pretty much seem like its running fullscreen.

The correct process for launching any game going forward with this new tool is to start Flawless and enable the hack for the specified game, THEN launch the game, the hotkey is for turning it OFF and ON after its already been launched, shouldn't be using it to enable it after the game has launched. [however the witcher is the only game that will do strange things due to it]

BTW - all your thanks should be directed at Thales100 - he donated the game specifically to be fixed for you guys... cheers, Thales100.

RE: GOG - it seem's its not byte compatible with the Steam release...... (judging by the PM's and responses saying GOG version doesn't work with this) -- can someone confirm its base address?

The steam binary is 14.8MB (15,523,840 bytes) version 1.0.6050.43457 (File Version)

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 13:42 
Editors
Editors

Nah forget about it, ive just donated the game, you deserve all thanks.
Btw this is the best game ive played in ages ... :cheers

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 14:19 

3 d ready??,in surround

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 53  Next