Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 21:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 23:41 

rdunlap wrote:
Are you using Bezel correction? In my current setup I cant use Bezel correction or i get an off center crosshair. He put in the description block in the plugin that it was designed for 16:9 but I am pretty sure that's because the Game layout was designed around 16:9. Let me dig up my notes, one of the ini settings will shift the display center. This may cause a strip to the side that's blank or that is black. I have had both before I gave up and switched to no Bezel correction. Its a failure in the NVidea drivers or the engine one. Just no way to be certain at this point.

If i do find the ini settings notes I will PM them to you. These settings I am describing are precisely the ones HaYDeN warns about in his plugin. They can make text popups disappear and all kinds of stuff while running his plugin.

EDIT: One small piece of information. A friend of mine runs AMD and said to ask if you had tried borderless windowed. Basically he said whichever you were running try the other as it seems as if some rigs want one and others want the other. If its like NV then that changes performance some but I don't have a lot of info on it.

Robert

While tinkering with the "bFull Screen" and "bBorderless" settings in the Fallout4Prefs.ini file, the game created a Fallout4Custom.ini file on launch, and in it were some additional settings for [Display], "iLocation X" and "iLocation Y". Entering a value of -150 for "X" somewhat corrected the view towards center (but with the crosshair not shifted). And it did create the vertical strip of desktop to be visible on the far right, as well as the taskbar, even though the prefs were set to borderless. And HUD messages get bridged between two monitors. Sigh.

It appears that using 16:10 monitors creates a slew of additional issues. It would be a godsend if this were addressed...

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2015, 01:56 

Well maybe someone more familiar with AMD stuff will chime in with some better info. One note, you can turn off different parts of the fix one at a time to see if it corrects the issue. The plugin is a Beta and its possible that there is some element in particular that's doing it. its either that or the silly game itself just giving you a hard time about the 16:10 layout. I know the game runs in 16:10 because people have discussed it on other forums.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2015, 03:16 

rdunlap wrote:
Well maybe someone more familiar with AMD stuff will chime in with some better info. One note, you can turn off different parts of the fix one at a time to see if it corrects the issue. The plugin is a Beta and its possible that there is some element in particular that's doing it. its either that or the silly game itself just giving you a hard time about the 16:10 layout. I know the game runs in 16:10 because people have discussed it on other forums.

Thanks --

FWIW I'm running Nvidia -- GTX980 Ti

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2015, 03:23 

sorry I am working on a mod and doing 3 things with each hand. Had you confused with the other guy i was talking to earlier. :| might be time to slow down and sip some coffee and re-engage brain. The 16:10 has to be throwing the curve at this point. My bag of tricks is empty. I would think 16:10 issues would be height related not width. The NVidia drivers are doing well for me, the only ones that gave me a hard time was the one released a day or so before the game itself and that was frame rate issues only.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2016, 06:19 

Hi. I am looking for some help. I just installed FO4 for the first time on my PC using an eyefinity 5760X1080 triple monitor setup and Windows 7. The game autodetected my hardware, but did not detect the 3 monitors. It just ran it on the left monitor only. I then tried using the 2.1.99 version of the Flawless Widescreen. When I first tried it, it caused the game to run on all three screens, but in triplicate (as in all 3 screens showing the same 1920X1080 display of the game). Then I tried changing the isize values in the prefs file, even though I supposedly don't have to with this version of the fix. After I edited them, the game did run in full 3 monitor fashion like I wanted, but none of the Flawless Widescreen fixes were applied (i.e. text was still split over the monitors, etc). I tried running the game without the flawless widescreen, and it looked exactly the same, as if FW was not doing anything at all.
Can anyone offer some suggestions? I did see a post a few pages back from hortnon on page 62 who said he overrode detection and got it to work. Does anyone know how he did that and if it might work for me. Any other suggestions? thanks.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2016, 12:21 

Sungod067 wrote:
Hi. I am looking for some help. I just installed FO4 for the first time on my PC using an eyefinity 5760X1080 triple monitor setup and Windows 7. The game autodetected my hardware, but did not detect the 3 monitors. It just ran it on the left monitor only. I then tried using the 2.1.99 version of the Flawless Widescreen. When I first tried it, it caused the game to run on all three screens, but in triplicate (as in all 3 screens showing the same 1920X1080 display of the game). Then I tried changing the isize values in the prefs file, even though I supposedly don't have to with this version of the fix. After I edited them, the game did run in full 3 monitor fashion like I wanted, but none of the Flawless Widescreen fixes were applied (i.e. text was still split over the monitors, etc). I tried running the game without the flawless widescreen, and it looked exactly the same, as if FW was not doing anything at all.
Can anyone offer some suggestions? I did see a post a few pages back from hortnon on page 62 who said he overrode detection and got it to work. Does anyone know how he did that and if it might work for me. Any other suggestions? thanks.

I have not been able to get it to run right my self. I have been just running one screen till The programs working better or another solution comes along. As any of the Menu fixes just don't work right, and also since there is a type of SkyUI out now in Alpha stage for fallout, located here http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3644/? nothing but Flawless is probably going to work for now, when I get it working.

But I can help in making it run on center screen. Go to your .ini files Documents > My Games > Fallout4 (if not on XP), then in Fallout4Custom.ini make yours same as below. This will set the screen to be 1 monitor off of edge of screen, making run on center screen. Leave the Y alone though that will keep it to top of screen :)

[Display]
iLocation X=1920
iLocation Y=0

PS just make sure to rest X Location to X=0 when ever you try running game in widescreen. Really screws with your head when your in triple monitor windowed, and its off set by 1 monitor lol.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2016, 18:41 

Thanks Diamond. Appreciate the info. Damn you Bethesda!!!!! :-(

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2016, 00:32 

I've made an update to my mod, to work with Flawless Widescreen. You can download it here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/274/?
It's working great in 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 but should work even on higher resolutions.
All installation instructions are on the nexus site hope you like it ^^ I've also made an animated cursor to the game if someone is interested you can download it to from the optional files.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2016, 20:16 

Hello there,
thank you for that fix. I am on 5040x1050 and having some issues with the interface, which is optimized for x1080. Those 40 pixel seem to cut off top and bottom.
What needs to be done for 5040x1040?
Thank you!

1st: [email protected], MSI X58 Pro-e, 24 GB Tripplechannel 1333, TUL R9 280X and Powercolor 7970 @ Crossfire with 2x Samsung 226CW 1x Dell P2210 @ 5040x1050 and Iiyama 2250MTS @ 1920x1080, Bequit Darkpower P8 1200W, G13, G15, G35, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Rudder, Saitek Yoke, Obutto R3volution Cockpit
http://ralfesser.de

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2016, 10:34 

sorry if it has been posted, but my hud is fine except in scopes, anyone know how to get rid of the black bars? Tried a mod and it did nothing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 77  Next