Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Aug 2024, 19:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 23:04 

Does it work with the full version?

@Paddy: (You already know what I am goint to ask).. How it the performance ( UT 2007 ENgine?) in DX9 / DX10 mode?

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 23:55 
Editors
Editors

The FOV hack works with the full version ... :D

Performance ... hmmm ...
DX10 isn't worth it ... imho ... don't really get much extra for the loss in fps ...
It is also slower in vista for me ... and the vista drivers are unstable for me ... dunno if it is my vista or not ... think I might have some problems.

So I have been playing in XP and it is fine everything at max ... haven't been watching the fps much but it seems fine ... at a guess 40-60 fps with the 163.44 beta drivers.

It is good ... I'm really enjoying it ... just got the shock of my life ... lol ... jumped out of skin ... :mrgreen:

Screenshots with framerates here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110473#110473

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 00:06 
Insiders
Insiders

FiringSquad has a good article about DX9 vs. DX10 performance and visuals:

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/bioshock_directx10_performance/

They conclude that performance is about the same and the visuals are difficult to *generally* distinguish. However... they have a few good screen shots that demonstrate how DX10 softens the edges around particle effects; one thing that I do find a bit distracting visually in games.

I only have 7800's.... so I can't run DX10.... but it might be a nice addition visually due to the large amounts of smoke and fog in the game.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 11:49 

[quote]The FOV hack works with the full version ... :D

Performance ... hmmm ...
DX10 isn't worth it ... imho ... don't really get much extra for the loss in fps ...
It is also slower in vista for me ... and the vista drivers are unstable for me ... dunno if it is my vista or not ... think I might have some problems.

So I have been playing in XP and it is fine everything at max ... haven't been watching the fps much but it seems fine ... at a guess 40-60 fps with the 163.44 beta drivers.

It is good ... I'm really enjoying it ... just got the shock of my life ... lol ... jumped out of skin ... :mrgreen:

Screenshots with framerates here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/#comment-]

thats great for such a new game at this high resolution :)

The issue with bioshock according to computerbase is that SLI (only tested with gf7) is a bad fps experience because of stottering, lagging and slowdowns.

http://www.computerbase.de/news/software/spiele/actionspiele/2007/august/benchmarks_bilder_bioshock/

according to a german forum there are different opinions to this issue.

Post subject: lol sweet
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 18:58 

I just read that someone from 2k is trying to track racer_s down and give him a geforce 8800 in thanks for the fov hack? :)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 19:29 
Editors
Editors

They have already spoken to him ... it's on its way ... :D

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 06:56 

The FOV hack works with the full version ... :D

**** POSSIBLE SPOILER ****

Did it have anything to do with a particular dentist room and fog?

If you know what part I'm talking about - I about fell out of my chair. Playing this game at night with headphones or good sound, all the lights off - can really get the blood pumping with certain parts. :twisted:

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 07:43 
Editors
Editors

Yes ... :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 10:57 

They have already spoken to him ... it's on its way ... :D

Great, he really earnt it !

. Playing this game at night with headphones or good sound, all the lights off - can really get the blood pumping with certain parts.

Sounds promsing,
Stalker did hardly achieve that to me.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 23:05 

Yes ... :lol:
I know the exact part that you guys are talking about, and I absolutely BRICKED it! My stomach went all funny, and my hands scrabbled on the mouse and keyboard, respectively.

I haven't jumped like that for a long time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next