Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Aug 2024, 17:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 18:37 
Editors
Editors

update!

- Whats new in v1.2 on 8/25/07?
*added support for directx 10 mode

http://dl.tocaedit.com/bioshockdFOV.zip

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 21:33 

Yea I think the hack works great, thanks...I kinda combined some ideas I had and may have not been all that clear in what I was trying to get across.
The hack itself changes nothing but the game view. It was my perception that when you change this that there are other elements programed that may relate to that or any camera view. Meaning the way the game is made. Thats why I mentioned it to the devs of the game but wanted to bounce around some ideas in here too. All I was saying that the reach circle the player has seems very far for what any offered view or fov looks like although its hard to tell when the splicers are mugging you in regular "sniper scope view".

My question is really can the 1st person player animations be individually scaled to preference? This would be separate from the world/whole game view now with the hack. I would like the hands to be scaled about in the middle of the default triple screen view settiings and the the hack adjustment settings of .30W and .33 H

2nd question is are there any aspects of the game physics that have a certain relation to the view with respect to collision detection of the game that anyone is aware of?

In any case the hack is great, game is awesome

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 20:50 

Hmm.. I screwed up my screen cause I played with the HUD (which doesn't really affect this game).. hmm quick question.

Where are the settings for HUD saved? I now that Vertical and Horizontal FOV are saved in the CONFIG file, but where is the HUD saved..

Let's say this game doesn't use it.. I know COD2 does, and the HUD settings aren't in the the CONFIG file.. where are they saved if I wanted to reset to default

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 20:58 
Editors
Editors

Game settings ... delete the ini files it will make new ones ...

Vista ... D:UsersAdministratorAppDataRoamingBioshock

XP ... C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication DataBioshock

What do you mean you played with the HUD ... what files did you play with ?
BTW ... always make backups before you change anything ... including deleting those files.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 22:14 

For example in COD2, there's a difference between CTRL+/ Shift+ / and just +

One changes vertical, one horizontal, one just the HUD (Health, Ammo etc)

So let's say I played around with the HUD (Shift +/-), how can I reset that setting back to default. Is that setting saved in the actual hack not the Config.ini?

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 22:39 
Editors
Editors

You lost me ...
Are we talking about Bioshock or COD2 ... ?

If you are talking about any changes the hack makes in Bioshock then the changes are in the config.ini that it creates when you run the tool.

How can you just change the HUD with the Bioshock FOV hack ... there are no controls for that in it.

The available controls are written on the front of the tool.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 23:11 

Well I'm trying to fix something in Bioshock.. but humor me and please tell me the answer for my COD question..

Basically the problem with bioshock is that I put in the numbers you posted..
Width FOV: 0.337
Height FOV: 0.37

THey worked before, but now I can't get those settings to work the whole thing just looks all stretched and ugly now... I understand that the HUD doesn't change, but I was wondering if noticed if you hold SHIFT and change settings it basically acts as if u are holding CTRL, so maybe I played around with my hud, and that's why that setting setting is writting over something and it looks like crap..

I can change my Vert/Horiz settings manually to get it to look good, but I'd like to use your numbers and I just can't seem to do it anymore... So wanted to see if maybe I screwed around with my "HUD" which in bioshock basically plays with your Horizontal, so ASSUMING that's what happened, how can I reset my settings for the Hack so that it's like I never used it.

Which brings me to my COD2 question, in that game you can change the HUD width, but those settings are not written in the CONFIG file, so where are they written so if I want to erase them I can and go to default. Would just deleting the FOV hack and putting in a fresh one do it?

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 23:18 
Editors
Editors

Racer_S didn't include HUD settings independent of the the FOV or aspect ratio settings in the Bioshock tool.

To get my settings back ... exit the tool ...
Delete the config.ini ...
Start up the tool ...
It should have the default settings as the config is gone.
Set the sliders in the tool to my settings.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 23:34 

Awww :(

I did that many times already, I can't figure out what changed.. why the numbers don't work.. I can try to set it myself.. but the numbers are different from yours, and I'm not sure when I have it just right... Darn..

Oh well, I'll just guestimate... I'll do it by looking at the hand, getting the right amount of it to fit..

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 23:42 
Editors
Editors

May be you have more than one config ... or more than one tool on your system ...

Try this ...
Close the tool ...
Put the tools exe into a new folder on your desktop ... no config just the exe.
Reboot ... just to be sure ...
Start the config from that new folder ... it should be back at defaults.
Don't try to change the config ... use the tools sliders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next