Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 03:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: I'm running the retail
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 19:23 

I'm running the retail version of Witcher 2 and just manually installed Patch 1.3 last night. I'm running NVIDIA 3D Surround, and 5760x1080 shows up fine for me in the options. I'm also NOT using Hayden's flawless widescreen fixer, as running the fixer for me would leave 3DVision enabled even after I quit the game, forcing a restart of the computer to disable the glasses and emitter. The patch also seems to have removed the white dots on the right side of the screen, so now I can run the game without having to use the no-HUD mod, and all the HUD elements are centered. As far as I'm concerned this patch has nearly eliminated all problems with playing in triple wide resolutions. (the cutscenes still cut off the side monitors and just play on the center monitor, but I can live with that as the triple wide cutscenes from when I did run Hayden's fix were sometimes glitchy for me). Sad that it took this long for things to get sorted out, but at least I can get into this game fully now.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 19:41 
Editors
Editors

Can you please post a screenshot parad1gm ? I still have black bars running Nvdia Surround + patch 1.3 (steam version).

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 19:42 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm running the retail version of Witcher 2 and just manually installed Patch 1.3 last night. I'm running NVIDIA 3D Surround, and 5760x1080 shows up fine for me in the options. I'm also NOT using Hayden's flawless widescreen fixer, as running the fixer for me would leave 3DVision enabled even after I quit the game, forcing a restart of the computer to disable the glasses and emitter. The patch also seems to have removed the white dots on the right side of the screen, so now I can run the game without having to use the no-HUD mod, and all the HUD elements are centered. As far as I'm concerned this patch has nearly eliminated all problems with playing in triple wide resolutions. (the cutscenes still cut off the side monitors and just play on the center monitor, but I can live with that as the triple wide cutscenes from when I did run Hayden's fix were sometimes glitchy for me). Sad that it took this long for things to get sorted out, but at least I can get into this game fully now.

And you are not experiencing any shadow anomalies in 3D surround???

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 19:55 

I'll post a screenshot when I get home tonight. I'm also running 270.61 drivers as I found the 275s a bad set of drivers, with monitors desyncing in 3D vision and various games having anomalies and glitches.

I'm also not getting any 3D Vision anomalies as far as I recall. I'll post a JPS 3D Vision screenshot when I get the chance.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 01:00 

I'll post a screenshot when I get home tonight. I'm also running 270.61 drivers...I'm also not getting any 3D Vision anomalies as far as I recall. I'll post a JPS 3D Vision screenshot when I get the chance.

it would have been cool, but using the older driver does not help, still shadows run amok :(

3D Vision was tested like every other change and it works without any issue. If you have any problems with it please contact our technical support.

Andrzej Kwiatkowski
CD Projekt RED
@ :santa:

Attached files

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 01:32 

Yup, I spoke too soon. I only tested it in 3D for like 2 minutes last night, and it was during the rain in an area without shadows. When it became sunny and shadows came out again, I noticed all the shadows being out of whack. I'll just post a pic of 2D Surround working then.

This is running a retail copy of Witcher 2 1.3 without Hayden's fix. Surround resolution being detected fine, HUD centered, and no row of white dots on the right. Now crossing my fingers for a 3D Vision fix.

Attached files

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 01:42 

This is running a retail copy of Witcher 2 1.3 without Hayden's fix.
Since Hayden did not yet updated it the fix is useless when using patch 1.3 anyway.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 02:18 
Editors
Editors

Surround resolution being detected fine, HUD centered, and no row of white dots on the right. Now crossing my fingers for a 3D Vision fix.

Lol my steam version still has the black bars, cant believe it, thanks for posting newparad1gm.

Attached files

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 02:32 

well, I noticed that your pic is 5040x1050, which is a 3x16:10 aspect ratio right? I'm at 5760x1080, which is 3x16:9. So its very likely that they just removed the black bars for the single monitor 4:3 and 16:10 resolutions, and didn't bother with the triple wides.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 17:07 
Insiders
Insiders

well, I noticed that your pic is 5040x1050, which is a 3x16:10 aspect ratio right? I'm at 5760x1080, which is 3x16:9. So its very likely that they just removed the black bars for the single monitor 4:3 and 16:10 resolutions, and didn't bother with the triple wides.

Exactly!!! the 16:10 and 4:3 fixes work only on 1 screen! but hey...they fixed it.... =))

Thanks to all for the screenshot! So far not a positive result found... had hoped somebody discovered a way to fix the shadows or was something on our machines...looks like CDPRJ did it again:))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 53  Next