Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 09:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 21:34 
Insiders
Insiders

create the autoexec.cfg in the same location as the brinkconfig.cfg (here:STEAMuserdatarandomnumber22350localbase). It works fine for me without changing the FoV, and I haven't tried those FoV lines above. I wonder if somewhere there is a way to change HUD location....

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 22:30 
Insiders
Insiders

ui_fov
added in the latest patch, set in the command line and it stays set. I set it to 115 and have had no problems.

PostPosted: 14 May 2011, 16:11 

ui_fov
added in the latest patch, set in the command line and it stays set. I set it to 115 and have had no problems.

I'm just having all kinds of trouble with this. I bought this last night and let it download and now i'm trying to set it up. I'm using 1.4v of the brinkconfig program linked in this thread. I set my eyefinity resolution and have messed with the field of view but no matter what i choose it just looks like crap. Am I missing something. Also why is it that when I use a normal resolution like 1680x1050 I get three screens mirrored. Once I got Crossfire this hasn't happened it would always turn off the two side monitors. So even in single screen I have to run mirrored 3 monitors. I'm very unhappy thus far because I though this was working but for me it's not yet. Any help or advice would be great. Can i get my money back from steam if this doesn't work?

PostPosted: 14 May 2011, 16:32 
Administrators
Administrators

I had no issue getting it working, first load it ones and configure your graphics settings via the ingame options (if you've modified the brinkconfig.cfg file rename it and let it write a new one).
Then in the folder where you find the brinkconfig.cfg file, create a new text file and rename it to autoexec.cfg

Edit that text file with the following:
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customWidth "5040"
seta r_customHeight "1050"
seta r_aspectRatio "-1"
seta r_customAspectRatioH "48"
seta r_customAspectRatioV "10"

Put your own resolution in the custom width and height and your correct aspect ratio, remember if your running 3 monitors side by side your Horizontal Aspect Ratio is 3 times what it would be for one monitor (16*3 = 48) (24:5 would also work as the ratio is the same as 48:10).

This will automatically correct the FOV, you DO NOT NEED TO change any field of view settings for it to display correctly, the only reason you would need to change them is if you don't like the default FOV to begin with. If this is the case, open the console with ctrl+alt+~ or ctrl+alt+` as it was on mine, and enter ui_fov 70 (70 is default).

Edit: Oh also, crossfire doesn't work with this game atm, period, you won't even be able to force it with Radeon Pro.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 14 May 2011, 17:04 

I had no issue getting it working, first load it ones and configure your graphics settings via the ingame options (if you've modified the brinkconfig.cfg file rename it and let it write a new one).
Then in the folder where you find the brinkconfig.cfg file, create a new text file and rename it to autoexec.cfg

Edit that text file with the following:
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customWidth "5040"
seta r_customHeight "1050"
seta r_aspectRatio "-1"
seta r_customAspectRatioH "48"
seta r_customAspectRatioV "10"

Put your own resolution in the custom width and height and your correct aspect ratio, remember if your running 3 monitors side by side your Horizontal Aspect Ratio is 3 times what it would be for one monitor (16*3 = 48) (24:5 would also work as the ratio is the same as 48:10).

This will automatically correct the FOV, you DO NOT NEED TO change any field of view settings for it to display correctly, the only reason you would need to change them is if you don't like the default FOV to begin with. If this is the case, open the console with ctrl+alt+~ or ctrl+alt+` as it was on mine, and enter ui_fov 70 (70 is default).

Edit: Oh also, crossfire doesn't work with this game atm, period, you won't even be able to force it with Radeon Pro.

Thank you very much. This looks much better. I don't like the fov though the gun is like elongated. LOL so i change that in console. I will mess with that. Yeah my FPS are all over the place. Hopefully they fix crossfire. Thank you so much!

PostPosted: 14 May 2011, 17:18 
Editors
Editors

Running great here 2.

PostPosted: 14 May 2011, 20:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah the config program stuffs up multi monitor, don't use it. Just manually whack it in

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 00:38 
Insiders
Insiders

So it's working great now? Centered HUD and no FOV issues even if sprinting?

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 03:01 
Insiders
Insiders

HUD not centred, that is the only MM issue

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 19:05 

Well the modifications to the autoexec made the game playable, and resolved my crash to desktop on start problem. However a few minutes into the game I still get the open gl driver disconnect error. :x

Which is a known error, that they are working to resolve, but in the mean time... the game is unplayable unless I turn off SLI.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next