Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 19:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 04:23 
Insiders
Insiders

I didn't see this posted here yet...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1138680

I figured it needed to be posted in both places. It's a FOV Changer. (It suffers from same issues GoW Suffered when Changing FOV)

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 01:45 

Change the FOV: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57399

in Windows, type %AppData% into the run dialog box (Winkey + R), then navigate to and open:
Bioshock2User.INI

To Fix the FOV for Widescreen:
go to the [Default] section and bind an unused key to "SetFOV 90" without quotes. hit that key ingame to change the FOV. it holds between saves, so you shouldn't have to do it more than once.

To Reset FOV to Default
go to the [Default] section and bind an unused key to "ResetFOV" without quotes.

To Enable Walking:
go to the [Default] section and bind whatever key you want to "Walking" without the quotes.

To Make the Walk Button a Toggle:
find the line "Aliases[17]=(Command="Button bRun",Alias=Walking)" under [Engine.Input] and change it to "Aliases[17]=(Command="Toggle bRun",Alias=Walking)"

hope this helped a lot of you out.

Someone later in the thread suggested binding the FOV command to the same key you have forward mapped to (w). Seems like a good idea, as the cutscenes and scope reset the FOV.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 04:12 

Have they released any patches yet for ME2?

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 23:14 

New update on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3487/

No eyefinity mention tho :(, sad and dissapointed in ATi

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 05:47 

this isn't ATIs fault...

but yes - that's sad.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 11:38 

Hi,
Actually I don't know about this game but from this site I come to know about the game so thanks.I had played so many games but I am always in the search of this type of game.I hope it will be a better game.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 17:58 

Hi,
Actually I don't know about this game but from this site I come to know about the game so thanks.I had played so many games but I am always in the search of this type of game.I hope it will be a better game.

you gotta play mass e 2. Dragon age and ME2 my 2 bestest and most favoritest lol games. Sorry for my 2 year old version of a suffix.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 09:32 
Editors
Editors

[quote]There are a ton of FOV entires in the "Coalesced" log in the config file of the root game directory... there is also an engine file with some in it. It seems like every stance and such has an FOV, like default in cover FOV, default aiming FOV, etc.. Looks insane to an amateur like me but one of our pro hacker-jackers might be able to work with it.

I bet they release an eyefinity patch like Dragon Age, so I wouldn't bother messing with it.

For the record I find single monitor FOV to be fine.

If i modify any values in the Coalesced file the game wont start.
Sounds almost identical to the way Blacksite:Area 51 behaves. When I worked on that game I found the coalesced.ini file had to be edited with a hex editor in order to maintain the exact same filesize, otherwise the game would crash. Did you try just a regular text editor? If so, google up HxD or some other editor and give that a go.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 18:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Might as well start messing with it, they openly said they won't support EyeFinity ever.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 18:47 
Editors
Editors

Might as well start messing with it, they openly said they won't support EyeFinity ever.

I would if I had the game, but based on my attempts with ME1 I think ME2 is probably beyond my skill. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next