Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 03:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 10:48 

[quote]OOHLALAAA! It works with my retail 1.1 .exe :D

Hayden...You are the man! And if you weren't a man, I would kiss you! :D

Any1 else can confirm this? Shall I finally buy this game and play it on 4:3 monitor with no letterbox? :D

Buy the game! It's an awesome RPG that treats the gamer with respect. No dumbing down despite the game can played with a gamepad. But the beginning is difficult as hell, you have been warned... :)

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 11:25 

[quote][quote]OOHLALAAA! It works with my retail 1.1 .exe :D

Hayden...You are the man! And if you weren't a man, I would kiss you! :D

Any1 else can confirm this? Shall I finally buy this game and play it on 4:3 monitor with no letterbox? :D

Buy the game! It's an awesome RPG that treats the gamer with respect. No dumbing down despite the game can played with a gamepad. But the beginning is difficult as hell, you have been warned... :)

Don't worry. I will buy this game for sure. I know it is an awesome game and that's why I refuse to play it with black bars. It ruins game experience so I will wait until it is fixed. :D

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 11:36 

I can confirm the new fix is working for my gog version 1.1 as well, thanks hayden! I'm only in chapter 1 so no clue if it has issues with later in the game as of yet.

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 11:46 
Insiders
Insiders

I have a very weird behaviour....here for the GoG 1.1 Version...running on nVidia card.(I know the Surround aspect is fixed by the patch but I don't like that during cutscenes I get only central monitor view. )

It's hard to describe it but it's like this:
The image flickers like someone is doing a very rapid resize of the whole image. for 1 second the image is in the original format than for 1 second is resized and for 1 second is in original format back and so on and so on...

Hayden, any ideea why this is happening?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:31 
Insiders
Insiders

you will need to explain better as I don't understand.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when the engine switches to rendering for <1 second before the GUI overlay kicks in during loading scenes and stuff.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:46 
Insiders
Insiders

you will need to explain better as I don't understand.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when the engine switches to rendering for <1 second before the GUI overlay kicks in during loading scenes and stuff.

I will try to record and show you:)

Edit: here is a link to a video I recored and put on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCYNDHY0Cn8
If you want I can send the avi via e-mail (is higher res)

Also I noticed that if I put the flawless tool in the Wicher 2bin folder and try to start the app from there it crashes. But if I launch it from a different location like a folder on a desktop it loads up.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 13:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh I get you now....

Clearly things operate differently when you are running on Nvidia gear, this suggests to me that those values are being constantly written to, whenever flawless updates the values they are being overwritten, on ATI etc this does not happen, the values are static and not changed except after screen loads and stuff, but just the once.

I write my values every 50 milliseconds, even that is overkill - in your situation it would need to constantly write to those values as to overwrite what the application is natively doing, or one would have to remove the offending assembly from the executable responsible for updating those values (the better choice) - I don't have nVidia gear so I am not in a position to fix this for you easily... you would need to fire up something like CheatEngine, find out what ASM is writing to those values then NOP them out.

They've actually made the experience WORSE for nvidia users if this is the case (by making fixing it a bitch), there is no need for them to be continuously writing those values.

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 13:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh I get you now....

Clearly things operate differently when you are running on Nvidia gear, this suggests to me that those values are being constantly written to, whenever flawless updates the values they are being overwritten, on ATI etc this does not happen, the values are static and not changed except after screen loads and stuff, but just the once.

I write my values every 50 milliseconds, even that is overkill - in your situation it would need to constantly write to those values as to overwrite what the application is natively doing, or one would have to remove the offending assembly from the executable responsible for updating those values (the better choice) - I don't have nVidia gear so I am not in a position to fix this for you easily... you would need to fire up something like CheatEngine, find out what ASM is writing to those values then NOP them out.

They've actually made the experience WORSE for nvidia users if this is the case (by making fixing it a bitch), there is no need for them to be continuously writing those values.

Damn... this is their so called "Surround optimization".... no bezel corrected resolution and 1 monitor cutscenes.... Your tool with v1.0 of the game provided a WAAY better performance than their so called patch...
If it would help I could use CheatEngine and try to find out what is happing and what is written in the values but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for...

Can you please tell me what to look for in order to "freeze" the content of that variable?:)

Thanks

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 13:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Hold on, trying to see if I can find the nvidia specific stuff .

In the meantime, see if this (nasty hacky workaround) works - http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/fws.zip

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 13:37 

I used this mod in the link to remove most of the hud along with your Flawless Widescreen Tool and now the white dots are gone, Thanks a lot lot Hayden I have been following this topic from Day 1 I really appreciate your dedication. People like you are the reason PC Gaming is the best and will continue to do so.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/quick_mod_hud_b_gone_static_edition/page1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 53  Next