Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Aug 2024, 11:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2013, 01:50 

Tried to play this again today and remembered why I stopped...

I'm running Win8 and tried again today with the latest everything (DSFix 2.2, WF 3.4 r682, latest plugin) and I get a black screen no matter what when I try to fullscreen the game. Windowed seems to work fine though. All the resolutions are set correctly, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've also tried several un/re-installs and a couple of reboots.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2013, 04:10 
Insiders
Insiders

So what is the working combination right now to get this game working in eyefinity? I have the latest game from steam and the latest widescreen fixer plugin and the latest dsfix files and I cannot get the game to work. Mostly all I'm getting is just a blank black screen. Either that or the game crashes. I have tried it, deleted everything and then tried again and still no luck. I was able to get the game working back in the day with one of the oldest version of dsfix and the first iteration of the plugin but now Im having nothing but problems with it.

EDIT: I may have figured it out. Testing now..

EDIT2: I was able to get it to work.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2013, 16:41 

Slinky wrote:
So what is the working combination right now to get this game working in eyefinity? I have the latest game from steam and the latest widescreen fixer plugin and the latest dsfix files and I cannot get the game to work. Mostly all I'm getting is just a blank black screen. Either that or the game crashes. I have tried it, deleted everything and then tried again and still no luck. I was able to get the game working back in the day with one of the oldest version of dsfix and the first iteration of the plugin but now Im having nothing but problems with it.

How? what did you do? I think I'm having the same problem you had...

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2013, 04:09 

Hi there,

I'm new here, sorry for my grammar and hope you all can understand my problem regarding Dark Soul.

For starter, I will explain about my LCD.

3 Monitor LCD setup, (1)17" ( 1280 x 1024) x (2) 23" (1920 x 1024) x (3) 17" (1280 x 1024) = 4480 x 1024

LCD 1 it Native resolution is 1280 x 1024 at ratio 5:4, and set it to Main Monitor,

By using WindowBorderless Gaming software, i manage to play Assassin Creed 4 using 4480 x 1024 (but got Black Bar) and expand cross 3 lcd, same with Castlevania : LOS working great(No Black Bar).

But for the Dark Soul, i failed to produce the same result as AC4.

1. Tried using Widescreen Fixer + WindowBorderless, end result WSF detect Dsfix working but still using 1280 x 1024
in game rendering resolution, and the game stretch cross 3 lcd.

2. Tried widescreen Fixer, game on load on LCD 1.

3. Tried WindowBorderless, game Rendeting at 4480 x 1024, but cant expand cross 3 lcd...

Hope can help me....

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2013, 12:37 

Slinky wrote:

Long term lurker, first time poster, and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here, but as a sys admin who has spent countless hours scouring the internet for solutions to various business related issues, and often contributing my own homebrewed solutions to the weird and esoteric, nothing sticks in my craw harder than someone who says "Oh, found the solution" and doesn't actually post it up. Particularly when there are plenty of people doing an amazing amount of work supporting games where the devs didn't bother.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 06:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Saviourself wrote:
Slinky wrote:

Long term lurker, first time poster, and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here, but as a sys admin who has spent countless hours scouring the internet for solutions to various business related issues, and often contributing my own homebrewed solutions to the weird and esoteric, nothing sticks in my craw harder than someone who says "Oh, found the solution" and doesn't actually post it up. Particularly when there are plenty of people doing an amazing amount of work supporting games where the devs didn't bother.

I will try to help:)

Bottom line:

1. in DSfix set your bezel corrected resolution ex: 5100x1050
2. in WSF set uncorrected to 5040x1050 and corrected to 5100x1050
3. in DSfix disable any UI manipulation and texture injection
4. Leave WSF running and start the game. It should automatically kick in.

I know is point 3. makes a lot of people confused, but I din't had the time to check that out and sometimes is hard to make everything work in every possible configuration;)

Hope it helps:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 12:02 

helifax wrote:
Saviourself wrote:
Slinky wrote:

I will try to help:)

Bottom line:

1. in DSfix set your bezel corrected resolution ex: 5100x1050
2. in WSF set uncorrected to 5040x1050 and corrected to 5100x1050
3. in DSfix disable any UI manipulation and texture injection
4. Leave WSF running and start the game. It should automatically kick in.

I know is point 3. makes a lot of people confused, but I din't had the time to check that out and sometimes is hard to make everything work in every possible configuration;)

Hope it helps:)

Appreciate it Heli, I'll give it a whirl in the next day or two and see if it works! ;)

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 12:52 

Hrm, it's weird...

Whenever I use WSF, running the game crashes to white screen instantly. This is using the current version of DSFix (I've removed DSMFix in the meantime to try and help resolve the situation.

When I fire up the game with WSF, this is the crash msg

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   DATA.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.2.0
  Application Timestamp:   51f7b5da
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   859877d7
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
  Locale ID:   3081
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Running the game with WSF off results in a windowed game that protrudes over the bezel (1920x1200x3 or 5760x1200 native res) but is stretched.

I have tried playing around with DSFix22 files, textures and hud changes are all set to 0 (off) by default. Originally started with more mods open but cleared out everything and restarted from scratch, same result. It's definitely having a bad reaction to WSF but I can't figure why. Version is the latest patch on Steam and I've got the latest WSF + plugin for DS.

Thanks heaps for your help (and Happy New Year all! :cheers: )

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2014, 01:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Saviourself wrote:
Hrm, it's weird...

Whenever I use WSF, running the game crashes to white screen instantly. This is using the current version of DSFix (I've removed DSMFix in the meantime to try and help resolve the situation.

Code:
Problem signature:

Running the game with WSF off results in a windowed game that protrudes over the bezel (1920x1200x3 or 5760x1200 native res) but is stretched.

I have tried playing around with DSFix22 files, textures and hud changes are all set to 0 (off) by default. Originally started with more mods open but cleared out everything and restarted from scratch, same result. It's definitely having a bad reaction to WSF but I can't figure why. Version is the latest patch on Steam and I've got the latest WSF + plugin for DS.

Have you tried with the latest plugin from here?
http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html

that is weird since...in the game normally after you select 5760x1200 the screens go completely black.
I know is a bit painful but you need to set 5760x1200 in all 3 locations (game, dsfix and wsf) Anyway, it shouldn't crash. I am also using the latest Steam version.
Try with the plugin from my page ( I know I added a couple of updates to it) and hopefully it will work;))

Also, I never tried in window mode or stuff like this (forced from dsfix). I would download dsfix again and just modify the internal rendering resolution and leave the rest as default. After it works I would play around to see what options are working and which aren't:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2014, 01:41 

helifax wrote:
Saviourself wrote:
Hrm, it's weird...

Code:
Problem signature:

Have you tried with the latest plugin from here?
http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html

that is weird since...in the game normally after you select 5760x1200 the screens go completely black.
I know is a bit painful but you need to set 5760x1200 in all 3 locations (game, dsfix and wsf) Anyway, it shouldn't crash. I am also using the latest Steam version.
Try with the plugin from my page ( I know I added a couple of updates to it) and hopefully it will work;))

Also, I never tried in window mode or stuff like this (forced from dsfix). I would download dsfix again and just modify the internal rendering resolution and leave the rest as default. After it works I would play around to see what options are working and which aren't:)

I have both the newest plugin and the clean DSFis. nothing but a black screen greets me when i try to full screen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next