Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 08:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 09:00 

It's a good job you went with the 5970 as your mother board does not support SLI, so this was really your only option.

This is why it was important to give all the details of you set up. most people were suggesting 2x460's (rightfully so, as its the fastest option) but its not compatible with your set up.

Reference the adaptor, check the Eyefinity forums on here for "single link to DVI adaptor" that seems to be the way to go to get the 3rd (non native DP) monitor to work.

I would suggest not getting the DP-VGA adaptor, I have one of these and it does allow the 3rd screen to work, but it does not allow me to use bezel compansation even though I have 3 identical monitors, I can also notice a difference in the quality of the image, although slight (and only noticible on text) I know its there. It also stops working and I have to unplug it every time I swap from SLS to Extended.

Honiara