Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 08:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: L4D2 Center HUD fix
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 19:19 

[quote]Works now, good stuff.

Glad to hear it. Are you working on a particular res/AR?
5040x1050, I did my own .res files and followed your instructions for the hex edit. I tried to modify baschat.res to move the chat box as well, but it didn't work on my first attempt and I gave up after that.

I am curious if anyone knows of a console command that can be used to load a .res file similar to .cfg files like autoexec.cfg. It would be much simpler to launch with a console command or launch parameter than to hex edit.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 19:34 
Editors
Editors

I'm assuming that if you contacted support about it you will get a canned response that they cant tell you what VAC bans for. Skins require the same vpk edit that you are doing and they have never banned for skins.

I've asked Valve about VAC issues twice in the past and both times got real responses. One was even a simple 'No, that should not be a problem'.

I am curious if anyone knows of a console command that can be used to load a .res file similar to .cfg files like autoexec.cfg. It would be much simpler to launch with a console command or launch parameter than to hex edit.

Keeping my eyes out for something like that. In my email to Valve I also asked if they had any tips on how to improve the HUD mod. Maybe we'll get a generous response. ;)

Care to share your 5040x1050 .res file? I'll add it to the download list with credit to you. I'm all for this being a community production.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 19:41 
Insiders
Insiders

I seem to recall there definitely being a console command (can't remember what it was), but I can't remember if it actually worked or not to reload the HUD.

I've only needed to get the first HUD up anyway after that when patches came in any new subsections of the hudlayout.res just got treated with the same +600 treatment and they worked without further tweaking.

Definitely getting the HUD working for TH the first time ever is the hard part.

BTW you will probably need to edit a separate chat file to fix the chat box placement.. if you really care that much.. :).

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 20:50 

Care to share your 5040x1050 .res file? I'll add it to the download list with credit to you. I'm all for this being a community production.

Should be pretty much the same thing as yours, but if you want to take a gander, here it is.
http://www.filefront.com/15045489/hudlayout.res

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 21:17 

Went scrolling through the command list and found a few.
Code:
cl_drawhud            : 1        : , "cheat", "cl"  : Enable the rendering of the hud
   gameui_activate       : cmd      :                  : Shows the game UI
   hud_reloadscheme      : cmd      :                  : Reloads hud layout and animation scripts.
   ui_reloadscheme       : cmd      :                  : Reloads the resource files for the active UI window

The only problem is that reloading the scheme will still simply load the res file located in the .vpk. We just need a way to point to a different file in order to not mess with the hex editor.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2009, 18:46 

Nothing new about HUD fix?

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2009, 20:07 
Editors
Editors

Nothing new about HUD fix?

Not yet, sorry. My time has been monopolized with work/life. I *might* have a chance to update this weekend.

update
Got a first reply from Valve. Unfortunately they misunderstood my question, so I wrote back to clarify.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2009, 11:56 

OK waiting for new info :cheers

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 22:03 

Any way to adjust FoV?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009, 00:32 
Editors
Editors

Any way to adjust FoV?

There is a fov_desired command in the console. Not sure if it does anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next