Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 00:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 09:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Well it is I think $24.99 on Steam right now, 50% off.

Played the demo, it feels kind of like a generic shooter with some extra skills thrown in there. Too bad, not nearly as awesome as the movie. Would've probably picked it up around the summer if there was a dry spell of games, but I guess they released it with the movie to make people who don't know any better buy the game due to the name branding.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 00:29 

Hey guys i got a problem.
I'm using SoftTH and it works, but i experienced the opposite effect than Paddy because of using SoftTH.
The Game took the aspect Ratio from only one of my monitors, and ingame it stretches it to triple size.
this is what it looks like: (i've set details very low for testing)

the upper screenshot was made with SoftTH and there you can see what i see on my screens.
Interessting is that avatar has a build-in screenshot function, and here is the screenshot that avatar made:

strange isn't it?

However, i have tried to delete the GamerProfile.XML so that avatar creates a new file - and it did - but not with the needed triplehead aspect ratio/Fov. I think i need to edit one of the options in the GamerProfile.XML "ForceAspectRatio=" or "AspectRatio=" but both are set to 0 and i am not sure what i need to enter. could someone of you guys with a 3x 16:10 Setup take a look at your GamerProfile.XML and tell me...?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 03:07 
Insiders
Insiders

This is because the game references the resolution used by your main monitor. I had the same stretching problem you had because in desktop mode my resolution is 1280x1024. So the only way I could fix this was to set my resolution to 3840x1024 before starting the game. Since you can't do that, I'm pretty sure you're SOL.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 18:13 
Editors
Editors

The easy way would be to create a custom "faux Surround" desktop resolution (1920x400, 1680x350) from which to launch the game, but panel specs and random driver limitations don't make it sound that easy actually :?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 21:17 

Sooooo scavvenjahh can you elaborate a little on this "faux Surround". How would I force a res? In the target of the shortcut launcher? I really want this game in triple. Whose legg ya gotta hump for a FOV Hack or tool!?

[EDIT] (I see what you are talking about Faux Surround but I do not understand how I would go about doing this without it being a pain as all other games work for me already.)

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 00:04 

for me in euefinity the side monitors have a stretched fish eye kinda view.. looks ok when im on the middle screen but looking directly at them its annoying -.-

Also my HUD is on the side screens -.- how do i change that

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 09:23 
Editors
Editors

Phoenixdancer, welcome to Surround Gaming ! It's not always perfect, but it still rocks. ;)
About the "fish eye" effect: watch this...
The HUD would require a specific hack... or official patch to get centered in Surround, so feel free to ask the devs about it on the official Avatar/Ubisoft forums !

dread6969, you don't "hump legs" to get FOV hacks - or anything. You just report a problem and hope someone will help, eventually. FOV hacks require quite a lot of knowledge and patience, and "hackers" don't usually bother to try and fix games that work ok for 99% users.
You can still (kindly) ask dopefish what he thinks about the SoftTH/Avatar issue: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/7971
Just bear in mind that everybody wants their favorite games to be magically "fixed" all the time... which is unfortunately not possible. Be cool and behave ! 8)

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 11:39 
Editors
Editors

Now, the "faux Surround" bit:
'Faux' TripleHead was invented by Ibrin to "simulate" a Surround aspect ratio on a single monitor. >> Faux TH2Go - Try Before You Buy!!!

We know Avatar's engine gets the FOV from the aspect ratio of the desktop resolution. So if you can get your desktop to run at a single-screen 4.8:1 resolution, the in-game FOV should be correct for any other 4.8:1 resolution.

Ideally the method would be to create a custom single-screen resolution with the same aspect ratio as your desired in-game resolution e.g if you play at 5760x1200, you need a desktop res of 1920x400, 1680x350 or 1440x300... ( width/4.8 )
The problem is, all monitors, display drivers and OSs may not support that kind of strange resolutions easily. This may be worth a try, though. Checking your monitor's manufacturer's website for proper EDID drivers may help.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 17:00 

dread6969, you don't "hump legs" to get FOV hacks - or anything. You just report a problem and hope someone will help, eventually. FOV hacks require quite a lot of knowledge and patience, and "hackers" don't usually bother to try and fix games that work ok for 99% users.
You can still (kindly) ask dopefish what he thinks about the SoftTH/Avatar issue: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/7971
Just bear in mind that everybody wants their favorite games to be magically "fixed" all the time... which is unfortunately not possible. Be cool and behave ! 8)

I Hump LEGGS ! :lol:
Your kinda snappy with your comments and I give ya that but who would really love to be talked to like they were 2 inches tall...really? (Just bear in mind that everybody wants their favorite games to be magically "fixed" all the time... ) Is that really called for? I understand how things work with game fixes in gen and would not rush or hold a gun to anybodys head to fix my FOV. With the magically thing well no go. (tinker bell is so fucking busy she is being a bitch in her comments too !) I (kindly) ask you to calm down and not patronize me. I am part of the percentile that does not enjoy being talked down to. Maybe I want to be friends. :cheers

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 02:27 

Try running the game in Dx9 and see if it detects your desktop correctly. When I switched to Dx10, it wouldn't detect my triple wide resolution correctly. When I switched back to Dx9 it worked fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next