Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 16:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 17:54 

Blargh. I can't get this to show on 5760 no matter what i do :( It's a black screen no matter how i change the settings is DSfixer. Widescreenfixer even makes single screen all black :crazy:

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 22:22 
Insiders
Insiders

I noticed that my character was a little fat and the game world seemed a little off. I think it might have something to do with bezel correction in the fix and possibly that I am using 1280x1024 monitors. I fixed it by setting my monitor count to "1" and setting my uncorrected resolution to the same as my corrected resolution in the fix.

Now it looks proper.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 20:04 
Insiders
Insiders

MobsterOO7 wrote:
I noticed that my character was a little fat and the game world seemed a little off. I think it might have something to do with bezel correction in the fix and possibly that I am using 1280x1024 monitors. I fixed it by setting my monitor count to "1" and setting my uncorrected resolution to the same as my corrected resolution in the fix.

Now it looks proper.

Something is not right there;))

First be sure you put the same numbers both in DSfix ini file (for example 5760x1080) and WSF.
If the numbers are not the same basically you are using 2 different resolutions and you get weird stuff...
Let me know if that fixes it;))

It works exactly the same as before the patch, Including centering the HUD on the middle screen.
If you still get weird thing try to set the resolution manually instead of autodetect mode in the WSF plugin.

Made a test:
ONE IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW:

IT DOESN"T WORK WITH DSFIX 2.0 or 2.1. Apparently he changed something inside there:) Use DSFIX 1.9 without the framerate unlock thing and it will work.
This is the reason some of you get weird stuff.

I will probably update it in the future...but I cannot give an ETA.
Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 08:56 
Insiders
Insiders

I am using the latest DSfix, and if this is the extent of the "not working" that your talking about then I can deal with it until there is a new version of the widescreen hack.

The frame unlocker is working, game geometry is correct, and the HUD is even less intrusive when you make it smaller with DSfix. So everything is fine as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 17:13 

I can't get the game to switch to 5760x1200 at all sadly. All I get are black screens or nothing happening at all. Tried using Widescreen fixer, flawless widescreen and also 1.9 and 2.1 dsfix. Any ideas or suggestions what I should try?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 18:16 
Insiders
Insiders

tiiti wrote:
I can't get the game to switch to 5760x1200 at all sadly. All I get are black screens or nothing happening at all. Tried using Widescreen fixer, flawless widescreen and also 1.9 and 2.1 dsfix. Any ideas or suggestions what I should try?

Hey there;))

2.1 Doesn't work for me:( at all with the updated plugin. Use the plugin attached above and use DSFIX 1.9. Be sure to set the same resolution inside the ini file and disable the FPS unlock or you game will crash.

If still doesn't work :( I can take a look via TeamViewer if you want

Are you using Steam version? or another version by any chance?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2013, 15:58 

i had the same issues like everyone else ui a bit off etc.

Weird enough sometime is was working. I got it work now by deleting my dsfix.ini creating a new one and readjust my settings.
It seems to work now. I have no idea what was wrong. I´ll upload mine if anyone is interrested.

What never seem to work is skipIntros i just leave it on

edit: im using dsfix 1.9 and the latest version of widescreenfixer

Attachments:
File comment: rename the txt to ini
DSfix.rar [2.97 KiB]
Downloaded 287 times

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2013, 16:20 

Oh yes please Helifax if you have time. I'm on UK time so just name when and I'll PM you the login. Yes it is on Steam.

Not sure if it helps to know but the WSF seems to go in to "not responding" mode upon loading up DS from steam which causes the game to also do the same. If I quickly shut down the windows game prompt box and reload the game it works. It only appears to work when WSF is not responding. WSF will switch to working once the game has loaded up though.

FYI I have tried the following:
- 1.9 and 2.1 DSfix
- latest plugin as listed above to be working. Around 53kb replacing 45 or something
- Flawless WS
- nvidia driver re-installed (3.10.70)
- change the renderwidth/height values to 5760x1200
- multiple different aa qualities, types strengths
- ssao stregths and so forth
- different AO used
- different DoF values
- different settings within WSF. Auto res, manual res, etc

Spec:
i7 2600k
8gb ram
2x 580 GTX cards
SSD drive (where it & steam is installed on (C:))
3x Dell 24" IPS screens (1920x1200)

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2013, 16:21 

Oh and I did try enforcers ini as well.

Plus also worth mentioning that WSF & FWS seem to work on on my other games fine.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2013, 01:38 

RoboPatton wrote:
I just updated with your fix Helifax, game runs in 3x eyefinity, but the UI is all stretched again.

Got any ideas?

I am using DSfix in 5040x1050.

EDIT- If I turn it on/off multiple times, the UI is corrected. I guess that's all it was :) Thanks for the fix!

I'm having this same problem except after each time I toggle the fix, after about 15 seconds the HUD reverts to being stretched again. It keeps doing this. I toggle fix off and on, HUD fixed and centered, after 15 seconds it's stretched again. Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next