Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 04:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 19:20 

I love how forward thinking the devs here are that they have a member who likes multiscreen so they built in compatibility for it. Sure there will be some fine tuning needed here and there and most likely there ill be UI mods to replace the whole thing with a framework so it's no big deal anyways.

I did the last testing weekend, but I was traveling and using my 15" Macbook Pro in bootcamp, this weekend coming up I am home, with a new eyefinity set up, the game blew my mind then, I can only imagine what this will be like.

This game has so much potential.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 23:21 

Hard to play in eyefinity, I'm definitely looking forward to some UI mods :/

Post subject: I've been given the
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 08:52 

I've been given the opportunity to take part in the next round of testing for star wars. I'm praying on max settings it looks a little better than the shots above. Because that looks frankly like the same graphics the original star wars MMO had...

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 10:54 

Ive played quite a few MMO's and for me i dont think its an ugly game at all when your playing it. (am in on this wave)

The animation system is very good and the gameplay is fluid. Im quite happy with it.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 12:51 
Insiders
Insiders

3D is looking really nice in the game, except the occasional nameplates and text that is in 2D.
As for the UI I tried to play a little with the config files but I didn't manage to change anything regarding the UI...Maybe in the future they will let us move the UI elements around:)
2 Screenies:

Attached files swtor01_50.jps (515.7 KB) swtor02_50.jps (667.4 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 02:02 
Insiders
Insiders

They really need to fix the UI for triple-display. The forced spacing of the edge elements to the outer screen edges is annoying. Considering it works without much fuss though I can't overly complain though. I guess I'm too used to RIFT's ability ot move every UI element and individual scale them. For a current era MMO, SWTOR UI is really a dumbed-down UI design.

I've been given the opportunity to take part in the next round of testing for star wars. I'm praying on max settings it looks a little better than the shots above. Because that looks frankly like the same graphics the original star wars MMO had...

Frankly, the regular gameplay is SWG-esque. The only real difference is the quest cut scene voice acting parts to set itself apart from SWG. IMHO, SWTOR really doesn't shine as much as a 2012 MMO should. Percolating in the back of my mind is the nagging question, SWG was really killed for this? I see most of the SWG pitfalls in SWTOR. They should have named the MMO "SWG 1.5".

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 03:56 

I have been in the beta since september, I have bugged it, requested it be looked at. And in atleast one encarnation of the beta forms had a small discussion with other eyefinity/surround usrs and one dev about it.

I am not holding my breath on this one, it felt like they are taking the 98% route, that is that 3 screen users are so few that makes this is a very low priority.

There are other "3 screen oddities" like only two windows can be open at a time and they are fixed to the far left and right. Raid frames/team frames are fixed far left.

I will say that it works in windowed mode.

All and all I am not pleased with the UI, to be fair it has been lambasted in the offical forms too.

There is also not going to be any LUA or user customization support at this time.

Post subject: I see you got the orange
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 04:11 

I see you got the orange Pixel bug ;-)

In the chat box under the word "still" and "resistance"

Once it has been seen it will drive you crazy.... Kinda like a rick roll...

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 08:28 

Is a memory hack like Skyrim possible to fix the UI? :)

That would be awesome to return the spacing to 1920x spaceing.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 08:53 

Usually those type of memory editors are scanned for by the game and flag your account as a potential cheat. They usually ban you for running them... so not really worth it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next