Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Oct 2024, 17:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2011, 11:52 

Go get the 266.58 WHQL HERE: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then report back.

The latest driver update did not solve my problem :(
Nice to see an update from Nvidia though.

I noticed one new thing about my monitors, in the "information" tab on my monitors setup. My third monitor (plugged into my 2nd graphics card). Is running at " 65.2KHz / 60Hz / NP " Whilst my two other monitors are running in " 64.6KHz / 60Hz / PN "
Could this mean anything? I know what the first two numbers correspond to, but I have no clue what "NP" and "PN" mean.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 21:00 

I have gathered new information, if it is of any help:
I upgraded to a EVGA 780i SLI "FTW" motherboard (which by irony is not winning me anything).
There has been no change to my issue, I'm still experiencing the problem stated in the first post and can only achieve a resolution of 3840x1024 (whilst my monitors go up to 5040x1050).

So now both of my cards are running from PCI-E 2.0 slots.

Nvidia has not responded to my emails for a while now, the store I bought the cards from will check for any defects and maybe give me a refund. We will see...

However I'm getting a beast overclock on my old cheap E6400, now it's running at 3,8Ghz idling at 38-39*c
However I'm going to purchase an E8600 hoping to reach 4,5Ghz. Spire Thermax Eclipse II = An amazing cooler, highly reccomended for anyone (the 2 fans did not fit my case :( but the 140mm fan at the top is practically attached to the heatsink, so you could consider it as 2 fans :) and I attached the fan that I had left over to the top front of my case (below the DVD drive).

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 06:36 

Hoo-ray! After 2 months of dilligent and hard work, I got my setup working! I bought a 4th Samsung 226bw monitor, and tested it by replacing each one of my previous monitors one by one. Now, I found a "faulty" monitor amongst the three identical monitors I had, replaced it. And got the 5040x1050 working!

I dont know what could have been wrong, but the fault was in the monitors. So if anyone else is experiencing a similiar problem. Try to lend another monitor from somewhere to see if that is the problem.

This was a really odd and difficult troubleshoot, as I would never suspect 3 IDENTICAL monitors to have interferance with eachother. I had run pretty much every other scenario through and this was my last option, lucky for me someone was selling a cheap used monitor. So I wen ahead and bought it.

In short, all monitors worked by themselves, and at the same time through Windows in 5040x1050, but failed to work on that resolution through Nvidia surround. They worked trough SoftTH as well.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me, although I did not find an answer here, it was nice to see that some people had my back and tried to troubleshoot the problem with me. I will do my best to help you guys too if there are any problems I can help with. These seem to be great forums, thank you for that =)

Post subject: 5040 x 1050 rez
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 16:12 

Ok I have added a post on the forum here which explains how to achieve the resolution you are after using software fix of the EDID settings on your screens.
Just check my post history for the guide and please follow it to the letter as you can cause problems should you mess it up (but nothing that cannot be rectified)