Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 19:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 03:21 

There is no BioInput.ini for Mass Effect 2... :(

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 18:12 

There are a ton of FOV entires in the "Coalesced" log in the config file of the root game directory... there is also an engine file with some in it. It seems like every stance and such has an FOV, like default in cover FOV, default aiming FOV, etc.. Looks insane to an amateur like me but one of our pro hacker-jackers might be able to work with it.

I bet they release an eyefinity patch like Dragon Age, so I wouldn't bother messing with it.

For the record I find single monitor FOV to be fine.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 19:31 

There are a ton of FOV entires in the "Coalesced" log in the config file of the root game directory... there is also an engine file with some in it. It seems like every stance and such has an FOV, like default in cover FOV, default aiming FOV, etc.. Looks insane to an amateur like me but one of our pro hacker-jackers might be able to work with it.

I bet they release an eyefinity patch like Dragon Age, so I wouldn't bother messing with it.

For the record I find single monitor FOV to be fine.

If i modify any values in the Coalesced file the game wont start.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 21:04 

UE3 games always have a lot of fov ini entries. Changing them does not help. Usually the game refuses to load.

Maybe this is the exception. But I doubt it.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 03:57 
Insiders
Insiders

It looks like another game in which will need memory injection. This is getting ridiculous. UE3 needs to add support in engine.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 05:50 

UE3 games always have a lot of fov ini entries. Changing them does not help. Usually the game refuses to load.

Maybe this is the exception. But I doubt it.

Some of them work, Borderlands for instance, but this one seems like much more hassle than it's worth considering they will likely patch it. I know I ain't messing with it.

Surprised there isn't more discussion for this game, it is the best thing I have installed on my PC in quite some time.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 06:59 

Some of them work, Borderlands for instance,

Yeah, a lot of the UE3 games have console command fov methods but they always seem to come with extra baggage like breaking something else fov-related in game. Then there are the cropping problems that a lot of the games have which are not fov related.

but this one seems like much more hassle than it's worth considering they will likely patch it.

I was considering it would be working day zero considering Bioware's track record and their stating they want to do the pc version right this time. Yet it seems like the same engine with the same issues.

I guess I overestimated them and will be surprised if they do anything at all.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 14:51 

but this one seems like much more hassle than it's worth considering they will likely patch it.

I was considering it would be working day zero considering Bioware's track record and their stating they want to do the pc version right this time. Yet it seems like the same engine with the same issues.

Well it is a much, much better PC port than the original so far, it looks ten times better and I can supersample the damn thing and keep 60fps. Menus are smoother, aiming is perfect for a mouse and the reticule is small... it is a much nicer PC port. Let's remember that triplehead is like what, 1% of PC gamers? Less? I don't think they failed at making a better PC port because of that one issue.

And I said they will likely patch it because they patched Dragon Age, though with this being UE3 it might be a lot more difficult.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 16:29 

[quote]

Well it is a much, much better PC port than the original so far, it looks ten times better and I can supersample the damn thing and keep 60fps. Menus are smoother, aiming is perfect for a mouse and the reticule is small... it is a much nicer PC port. Let's remember that triplehead is like what, 1% of PC gamers? Less? I don't think they failed at making a better PC port because of that one issue.

And I said they will likely patch it because they patched Dragon Age, though with this being UE3 it might be a lot more difficult.

Although im really hoping they do patch it, im not keeping my hopes up.

Having played around 15 hours of the game so far, im really worried that its going to be a lot of work to fix this one, there is just too much stuff that needs to be fixed, the FOV is just the start, there is so many UI elements that need to be accommodated, i wouldn't be surprised if they decide the effort is not worth it.

Also, it is a very subpar port, menus don't support Double Clicking, scroll wheel doesn't, there is no way to change the mouse sensitivity for Christ sakes; the "camera movement" option does nothing.

That and the fact that i need to rename my .exe in order to get AA to work, half of the time it doesn't work because Steam doesn't like me messing with the exe.

Buuut, yes, even with these problems the game is amazing, i cant stop playing and it really is a shame that there is no more talk about it going on here.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 16:34 

Also, it is a very subpar port, menus don't support Double Clicking, scroll wheel doesn't, there is no way to change the mouse sensitivity for Christ sakes; the "camera movement" option does nothing.

That and the fact that i need to rename my .exe in order to get AA to work, half of the time it doesn't work because Steam doesn't like me messing with the exe.

Scroll wheel/double clicking I agree with, but they are minor issues for me... the menus are completely mouse-driven otherwise. The camera movement thing worked for my mouse, not sure what your issue might be there. As for AA, forcing it through nHancer works for me, no renaming needed using unreal engine 3 profile. I am actually supersampling it as I said... if you have ATI and need to rename it, that sucks, but you probably should have bought a DRM free retail copy which you had more control over ;)

And I never said it was a perfect port, but I do think it is a good one and much better than the original.

And both ME games are ten times better on PC than the technical abortions they are on Xbox.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next