Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 17:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 02:20 

Lets say you go to a website that offers a miracle hair growth product, and on the site they say "Hairplex TripleHair2Grow is the only solution on the market to enable Super Hairgrowth; providing a much fuller head of hair." Elated, you order the product, use it, and your hair falls out (i.e. less hair for you).

Now, you could have done a little research and found out that in some cases TripleHair2Grow actually causes hair loss... but what about the statement printed blatantly on their website? Is that not false advertisement?
But that's not exactly what they're selling.

They are more like selling a "super hairgrowth comb" and you happened to pick the wrong type of gel to go with it.

They are right in what they are saying, as that is what the product is intended to be used for. If the developers of the games choose to butcher the support, that's not Matrox's fault.

Notice how it says "supported" in the quote.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 06:27 

I actually did enjoy that analogy.

Having interacted personally with matrox sales, my suggestion would be to take your complaint to them. They actually want you to enjoy their product, believe it or not. And they're probably just as frustrated with the situations you mentioned as you are.

If your complaints still cannot be remedied then you should return the product. I honestly don't know what you expected to do by posting a tyrad about it here, besides to try and slander matrox.

You didn't even post here once for help, and we're giving away thousands of dollars of support for free! Programmers, technicians, the testing, feedback, the time alone! So sorry if I don't feel moved by your cause.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 06:50 

Matrox has pretty good support from what I've heard and the company should be commended for pioneering new immersive gaming technology, not sued. While I suppose it would be nice to see some sort of explanation of the effect that improper FOV has on triplehead gaming, if you do your research before buying a TripleHead2Go, the potential issue should be readily apparent.

- From what you've heard? Well, I've experienced it directly, so I think that makes me the expert in this case (please see the link to the email correspondance I provided). If anyone else out there loves Matrox support and has nothing but happy-fuzzy-bunny-warm feelings for them, please put me in touch with your support guy ;)
I've experienced iit a great deal myself as well, but as a reviewer of the Analogue and Digital TripleHead2Go products, my experience is not indicative of a normal support scenario.

...thats a lot of if's and assumptions that, I personally don't think the average consumer is going to experience before buying a product like this.
The average consumer does not buy a TripleHead2Go. You buy high-end and somewhat esoteric hardware, you should be expected to understand its operations and the limits of those operations.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 08:32 

DELETED: Information after the fact rendered my record breaking length post irrelavent and a total time waste. Should have seen it, it was HUGE!

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 08:54 
Insiders
Insiders

To be fair to the guy, JohnnyW, the Matrox site lists GuildWars as a supported game. No where on the site does it mention that you may see less than you would with your plain old single monitor due to games being VERT-.
And according to Matrox:
" For a game to be included in the list of supported games above, it has to meet the following criteria:
1. The game supports a TripleHead resolution either natively or through editable configuration files or registry entries.
2. The in-game FOV (Field of View) must be adjustable to an appropriate wide-angle FOV.
3. There are no known graphical anomalies for in-game 3D rendering of 3D scene on TripleHead."
The key bit being point 2, in GW you are stuck with the same rubbish as Bioshock before the Racer_S hack. I really can't see that any game on the supported list should be anything but natively or 'cfg' tweaking HOR+. I reckon that Matrox are not being strictly honest when they include GW on their supported games list!

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 09:15 

DELETED: Information after the fact (thanks 9.1 for informing me) rendered my record breaking length post irrelavent and a total time waste. Should have seen it, it was HUGE!

EDIT: Hey, I thought I deleted this post! Sorry 1.9, I deleted it forever. It was a good post though, but was irrelevant seeings TH2G said they supported that game, which I thought they didn't mention it.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2007, 10:11 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]DELETED: Information after the fact (thanks 9.1 for informing me) rendered my record breaking length post irrelavent and a total time waste. Should have seen it, it was HUGE!

LOL, PM it to me! I assume you are getting it all backwards being downunder and 9.1 is 1.9? I wish I had made it to mach9.1 :shock:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 01:21 

Brokunn is absolutely right. WOW has the same problem, and it's VERY annoying. I ended not using TH2GO for WOW.

Several users and myself asked Matrox about this issue, through their official forum (which they conviniently eliminated) but they did NOTHING to help us, claiming it was Blizzard fault. Well, maybe it's true, but Matrox SHOULD NOT say that WOW and several other games as the one being discussed in this thread, support TH2GO because they don't.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 19:24 

Can anyone of the administrators please change the Guild Wars screenshot on this page:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Surround_Gaming

It really does look like false advertising, and my guess is that someone looking into surround gaming might come to the wrong conclusion about getting much wider views in Guild Wars.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2007, 00:05 

how did they make that shot anyway?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next