Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 09:06 
Editors
Editors

ive been playing this in eyefinity and its just... stunning :)

what an amazing game.

As a starcraft 2 player it feels a bit slow to me and I feel like its missing some essential things like being able to see what units are selected, ability to remap hotkeys and it feels very slow paced.

But I still appreciate the game, and play to get the first DoW2 game when I find it on sale on steam. I only have chaos rising right now and starting with the 2nd game kind of leaves me out of the loop.

I like how it has co-op campaign and last stand. If SC2 had some kind of co-op campaign that would be soooo sweet.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 22:37 

i love sc2 but until i get my triple monitor stand for xmas i cant play as i will not play it on 1 screen!

once you go eyefinity you never go back!

its pretty good in portrate mode :)

need the stand for that though :P)

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 20:48 

Ya, Dow2 has terrible input lag. The UI is also lackluster.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2011, 12:54 

Edit: Found a fix.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035445405&postcount=4

Works fine, game not so great with bezel compensation cuts off a bit of the HUD and the layout screen passes through bezels making it a bit challenging to read but it works.

What I have not tried to do is use non whole numbers yet for the # of monitors. Maybe its simply a divider number and does not have to be a whole number. So using say 3.2 for a bezel compensated resolution may work fine. Then though the loadout screen would be hard to use since you cant read behind the bezel.

It doesn't accept fractions (resets the value to 1 in the config) but it seems to just divide your horizontal res by the configured value and then render the UI in a central portion of the screen of that size - so setting it to 4 works pretty well for bezel-compensated resolutions. The UI elements aren't right at the edges but they're not central enough to be a problem.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 22:40 

Anyone else getting a glitch when an explosion is about to happen that all of your monitors go blank? Sound seems to loop in the background but everything shuts off and even ctrl+alt+del doesn't work.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012, 00:05 

i know this threads pretty old, but,
im getting the exact same bug evil posted above. and i really wanted to play through this too.
its been on and off sale on steam for like 5$ and part of the THQ bundle pack. so i picked it up cheap and was hoping to do some multi
but i get this damn blank screen entering the third mission and i just cant get past it no matter what. even realoding a save instanlty blank screens me.

the sounds keeps going but my keyboard stops responding, it looks like the keyboard input is shutting down, as the num lock and scroll lock keys and such no longer work after black screen (my keyboard has lights whether they are on or off, and pressing them does nothing), which im sure is why ctr+ alt+ del dont work either.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012, 02:45 

bah.. went through steam and thq help stuff and forums and best i could figure was maybe video drivers, but all those threads were super old..

i was using nvidia 290.51 beta, so i rolled back to 285.62.
loaded up and Bang, it worked!
i played "ONE" mission, then when i went back to the mission screen all was still OK, i could level up a few guys But the exact second i highlighted my main character Bang, black scree, keyboard not responsive, nothing i could do but press reset.

i wonder if its possible its a nvidia surround issue.. maybe going back to one screen would work. youd think id have tried that by now, but i havnt. im so adamant to get things working multi mon i dont try single unless im plum out of ideas lol

sucks

ah well, im off to a new years shindig, ill post if i make any headway tomorrow, happy new year feelaz