Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 15:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2007, 14:06 

The problem I have, its usually not detected, the 3 screens keep black.

Changing the connections on the monitor and the USB cable sometimes works, so I could play sourround gaming, on seldom occasions.

When plugging in USB no hardware recognition is running, so I assume it's only used as power supply (or should be hardware recongntion?).

The PowerDesk application usually is not running, even if I start it manually. (Despite it worked some times, so I could set correct res: 3840x1024 32 bit). Does anyone know if this is a driver and needs running or only configures the box with the 4 resolutions?

Maybe some people are already using the digital edition and can help me aout a bit.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2007, 18:04 

USB is for power only, no detection of hardware AFAIK.

Check that you have plugged it into a powered USB port, if so, then you will get a power light on the TH2G itself.

Do you have a light for power at this time?

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2007, 20:22 

Mine acted weird like that until I moved it from a powered USB hub to a port on the back of my computer.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2007, 22:21 

Here we go ...

So no defined statement other than it has to be a powered USB Port, all my hub's ports are powered, so I wouldnt expect this top be a problem if and when I try one ...

But it is a concern ...

Jkeefe, did you have the power light on the unit when it was on your hub ?

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2007, 18:46 

The light was doing weird things - red, green, off, red again, green, back to red. I would get a 3840x1024 desktop and then all three screens would go black. Don't know if moving the plug to the motherboard port helped, or I juest rebooted enough that my computer unconfused itself. Either way, I haven't had any problems since.

There may have been a conflict with residuals from the analogue triplehead2Go, as well.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2007, 21:15 

Interesting, just trying to acertain whether or not it has to be in a MB port, I would believe going by Matrox that it just needs to be a powered one, and I know my hub meets that spec, as I have other devices that only have a need for USB power that are in it.

I didn't get to try mine, as I sent it back RMA, awaiting the supposed corrections mentioned in another thread.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 11:02 

I have the same problem for my TH2Go.
I found a solution :

Before starting ur Computer, just unplug the power adaptator of your Hardware and plug it again.
The TH2Go should be recognized.

Sorry for my english, french inside ^^

Post subject: Yes same problem
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2007, 01:44 

SGs solution is what I do as sometimes I woould boot and the monitors would not power on and the TH2G would stay red

I actually have 2 th2g and they both behave the same

Solution is too remove PC power before I turn on pc

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2007, 12:33 

it worked for me but i've returned the TH2Go because red dots were appearing on middle display.
After some days the Middle display is not recognized anymore.

To return the TH2Go is at your charge...
And they send you back a new one, wich i hope will work.

Post subject: What is going on
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 17:19 

Guys,

I have been talking to Matrox Support in the back end and was just sent the following: We are working together still as an FYI

------------------------
The USB cable that is used with our GXM products is used to communicate/detect and power the unit. We have noticed that some laptops and motherboards seem to have some power budgeting issues on the USB ports.

What you have described below sounds like a power budgeting issue.

If applicable, you can always try using the USB ports that are sometimes located on the monitors/panels themselves. This is sure way of sourcing power from a dedicated source.
--------------------------------

Brad