Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 11:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TripleHead2Go and DVI.
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007, 08:42 

Okay, one of the main reasons I want to get a new monitor - or rather, new monitors - is because my current monitor is d-sub only. I noticed that TripleHead2Go is all d-sub connections; if I got attachments for the cords so the ends where they connect to the monitors and video card are DVI, will it act as DVI or will it mess up because of the TH2Go?

This could actually be something that could/would keep me from getting TH2Go.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007, 11:27 
Editors
Editors

Don't know the answer to your question ... but I don't it would work ...
I don't see that much difference between the two ... :? :roll: :lol:
And ... any difference is over shadowed by how much I like TripleHead ... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007, 16:06 

If you adapt d-sub connections to DVI terminations, that doesn't magically make it a DVI signal. In order for it to be DVI, it has to be DVI the whole way. With the TripleHead2Go it's not - it's analogue most of the way if not the whole way.

If you are considering a TripleHead2Go, then you don't need monitors with DVI connections. Most good monitos have DVI and VGA connections, though.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007, 19:06 

Aw, that sucks. Oh well. Maybe they will release a new one in the future. ^^

(still going TH2Go, though.)

Post subject: I have a TH2G
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 02:33 

Let me start off by saying that I would have a hard time telling whether my monitors where running DVI or analog by looking at them.

One of the things that you will notice with the TH2G cable that goes from the computer to the box, is that it is very thick and very short. Some have argued that this is in order to keep as much signal quality as possible, and I agree with them.

This means that the analog output you are getting to your monitors is very clean. I think that the problem with a lot of people giving analog a hard time is because analog can vary in quality quite a bit. I've seen good analog and I've seen analog so bad that I couldn't look at the screen very long. That said, I would call matrox's analog very good.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 16:14 

I have extended the vga cable from multiple graphic cards to a switch.. then to TH2Go... 4 to 5 meters... from the default 50cm cable that came with TH2Go... quality does suffer a little but convinience outweigh it.