Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 20:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2007, 08:11 

I would really like to see or read some more details on how you attached the acrylic to the monitors.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2007, 15:44 

The Led's arrived...so ill mount those and take some more pics for you... i might do a little DIY monitor mods once i have all the mods complete and once i have some vista issues ironed out

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 19:27 

holy pants that's incredible! I can kind of see how you've done it, it's simple but smart. My screens are wall mounted at the moment, they move independantly but I'd be up for doing something like this if you give us a little guide!

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 04:05 

Is it possible to take OFF the metal surrounding off of the LCD and then try to get a "SEEMLESS" display, I am going to try to find like a 15 inch LCD that is going bad, and disect it, but if I am going to take it all apart, I want to go for SEEMLESS :P... I know you probably don't want to try it with your LCD's since if something goes wrong, its quite a bit of money lost, but if anyone else out there knows more about it , please let me in, I know generally how an LCD works but I am by no means an engineer. I figure is they can make that LCD Seemless for 15k why can't I do it for FREE :P, what makes their solution so expensive?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 06:47 

if you figure that one out, it would be amazing!

but i think the seamless LCDs are specially manufactured thats why they cost 15K(i think the electric connection are on the side of the monitor but in the seamless are run through the back)

BUT i am pulling for you!

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 10:46 

I'm fairly positive that no conventional lcd can physically have 'no' bezel, and that there needs to be things on the sides that are required. However it won't be too long before the OLED displays are on the commercial market, and they definitely don't need to have a bezel, so I think in the next few years (although more likely >5) we'll see some great surround setups! Take a look at this concept laptop by LG, it uses 2 OLED displays (the bottom is a touch pad) and the liquid fuel is pretty funky
http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/02/lg-debuts-ebook-concept-laptop-with-oled-screen-liquid-fuel/

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 13:30 

Guys,,,,there is no way of getting around the "bezel" even without the bezel there is still 1/4" of dead space at the edge...the bezel is required to keep the acrylic sheets and plastics together and to hold the tube and wire that runs along two sides.

i tried everything i could...i even trashed a brand new 19"lcd in the process

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 23:47 

balls, was it easy to accidentally trash a 19"? Show us the LED goodness! I have 6 blue cold cathodes lying around...

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2007, 03:32 

sizerkozak , did you take any pictures of the LCD's disasembled "beyond" the bezels. I really would like to know what it looks like.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2007, 16:36 

sizerkozak , did you take any pictures of the LCD's disasembled "beyond" the bezels. I really would like to know what it looks like.

shockwave....these are the only pics i have right now...ill look around for the others...haven't a clue wtf i did with them now :(

http://www.mikevanelst.com/monitorproject/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next