Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 19:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: C&C Generals
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 00:26 

I know it's an old game, but with C&C3 around the corner I've gone all nostalgic (But not quite nostalgic enough to go dig tiberian dawn out). Anyway, it works fantastically with the TH2G once you've done the FOV edit posted in the widescreen fix forum - apart from one thing... at 3840x1024 with a max camera height above 900, the edge of the map isn't drawn! Does anybody know how to sort this out?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 21:21 

are you playing C&C Generals Zero Hour on TH2go?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 00:41 

yeah, and the FOV is just perfect... there's no stretching even on the very edge of the side screens, Only problem is the stretched ui at the bottom, the fact that the terrain is not drawn at the very edges of the screens (just shows the animated sea curiously enough!) - oh and I'm not allowed to play online... :(

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 18:17 

i heard that EA games doesnt officially support it, because they dont like the advantage players get...
(sorry i cant help, i have to wait for my exams to be over until i can get a TH2go :wink: )

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 23:50 

as if EA gives a second shite about 'fair play', they know full well that widescreens will replace standard ratio and just can't be buggered to do anything about it! I don't really exxpect them to give support to TH2G though.. Oh and I was supposed to wait until exams were over, but then i discovered my favourite computer shop had it in