Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 20:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2016, 12:55 

I am not able to apply the FWS fix. I have tried deleting the Fallout4Pref.ini and Fallout4.ini files in the My games/Fallout 4 directory. I have also deleted the Fallout4Pef.ini file in the Fallout 4 directory in my steam installation. Relauching the game has recreated the vanilla 2 files in My games/Fallout 4 directory but not recreated the file in the steam installation. I have tried FWS with automatic detection on and off. Nothing seems to work. I have been at this for several hours and tried to follow the posts in the previous pages but I cannot get the FWS plugin to work. Running windows 7. Can someone please help?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2016, 16:17 

basher wrote:
I am new to this and I am not quite sure what process to follow?
Currently all the .ini files are set to run on at 16.9 and 1920x1080, and have not been edited.
My eyefinity is set up correctly (running crysis 3 with no issues).
Do I have to run the app then close it before starting the game or does it need to run in the background?

The app needs to stay running, it can be minimized or such, just not closed. This does not mean it will work, as I can not get it working my self.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 16:52 

If I run the app minimised without altering any other settings all that happens is that it displays the game on my left monitor instead of the middle one, with cut off text.
do I have to alter any other files?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 19:34 

Hello all,

first sorry for my nasty english (i'm not english), i left school in 1985. My problem:

Since i install the beta-patch 1.3 the game crashes when i go to the building part. If i install the original Interface.ba2 file i can enter the building part, but the transfer-menu is very big and not usable.

So i think, the moddded interface.ba2 is not fully compatible with the new patch. Is there a chance that someone can fix the modded interface.ba2 so that the building part can be accessed?

Oh i forgot, i play on three 27" monitor with NV-Surround in 5760x1080.

At last i want to tell you that you are doing a very great job!!

Greetings
Helmut

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2016, 15:40 

Vinny wrote:
I am not able to apply the FWS fix. I have tried deleting the Fallout4Pref.ini and Fallout4.ini files in the My games/Fallout 4 directory. I have also deleted the Fallout4Pef.ini file in the Fallout 4 directory in my steam installation. Relauching the game has recreated the vanilla 2 files in My games/Fallout 4 directory but not recreated the file in the steam installation. I have tried FWS with automatic detection on and off. Nothing seems to work. I have been at this for several hours and tried to follow the posts in the previous pages but I cannot get the FWS plugin to work. Running windows 7. Can someone please help?

I wonder if it's the Windows 7 that is the issue. Flawless Widescreen has worked for me at 5760x1200 on Windows 10, Surround with dual 970s.

The only issues I had with it were the quest icons and recon scope target markers not appearing in the right spot unless you look right at them, and the console area stretching into the other monitors a bit as if it was maybe sized for a 1080 height then was stretched in all dimensions until it fit my 1200 pixel height. I went back to using the other HUD fix mainly for the recon scope part because that's my scope of choice, but otherwise it was good.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2016, 19:21 

I can also confirm that the new patch 1.3 CTD when I try to go into build mode with the interface.ba2. In the mean time, flawless widescreen sort of works, except I cant see my health bar, stamina, and any notifications that pop up. I'm running at 7680 x 1440.

hellnut wrote:
Hello all,

first sorry for my nasty english (i'm not english), i left school in 1985. My problem:

Since i install the beta-patch 1.3 the game crashes when i go to the building part. If i install the original Interface.ba2 file i can enter the building part, but the transfer-menu is very big and not usable.

So i think, the moddded interface.ba2 is not fully compatible with the new patch. Is there a chance that someone can fix the modded interface.ba2 so that the building part can be accessed?

Oh i forgot, i play on three 27" monitor with NV-Surround in 5760x1080.

At last i want to tell you that you are doing a very great job!!

Greetings
Helmut

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 11:42 

I cant get Fallout 4 working with Flawless Widescreen either. I run NV surround 7680 x 1440 on Windows 10. When I have applied the fix in FWS, the only thing I can see on screen (the middle one) is a green vertical bar and no text.

I really would like to get this working, but everything I have tried so far renders this result. Maybe I should try the .ba2 edit instead.

How does one reset the changes that FWS makes to the game settings? Is there a way to do it without a reinstall of the game?

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2016, 01:54 

i've made a small update for Haldi's adjusted interface file, as i can't get the flawless widescreen patch to work with the current beta, and entering workshop mode with the current patch causes an instant crash. i'm uploading it here in the hope this proves useful to others.

Workshop with the new and rather lackluster settler job "menu" has been re-adjusted (as per Haldi's original fix).
The power armour hud's compass scale has been corrected (this was bothering me).
Translation files have been updated.
Includes the fix for the SPECIAL menu.

This should work whether you're on the beta or not, but i make no guarantees as i haven't personally tested it without.

and fwiw: thanks for all the hard work :)

Attachments:
Fallout4 - Interface.7z [21.39 MiB]
Downloaded 406 times

Last edited by Haldi on 22 Jan 2016, 04:27, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Edit by Haldi: Added the whole Interface.ba2 as 7zip file

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 11:41 

Many, many thanks to you Warboy1982 and the guy who made the File (Haldi ?)!!! You both are great programmers and it is very nice that you share your work with the community.

Everything is working now like a charm. I played about 5 hours yesterday (shame to me, i know...) and there wasn't one single CTD.

Have a nice weekend all
Helmut

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 12:51 

glad to hear it got you back up and running, Helmut.

a small update: i noticed the icons on the map were a little messed up, so i updated it to the new version as well.

Attachments:
Fallout4 - Interface.7z [21.4 MiB]
Downloaded 373 times

Last edited by Warboy1982 on 26 Jan 2016, 02:39, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 77  Next