Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 20:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 01:24 

Anyone know if this game will support multimonitor?

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 02:37 

No clue, as of yet. But will know tomorrow, if it is released as stated, pre-ordered a copy, and im Itching to play :) Ill post if it is.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 08:33 
Insiders
Insiders

I recall reading on their forums that a dev claimed that the way they developed the game let it use multi-monitor properly, natively. He didn't go into it further.

Ah, found it:

Quote:
The nice thing about AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround is that there isn't anything explicit we have to do for SimCity to work on those setups. We briefly tested a 3x1 setup in both Eyefinity and Surround and things all seem to work. It was pretty glorious and screenshots don't really do the experience justice

That was posted in January.

Of course this doesn't mean it'll have "proper" Gold support as WSGF sees it. It may have a tight FOV, or HUD problems, like stretching, improper placement, misalignment, etc.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 14:52 
Insiders
Insiders

It's looking good so far in triple-wide. I put in a couple hours this morning and didn't hit any major snags. It appears hor+ with properly sized menus, although some of the menu elements are pushed to the far left and right screens, similar to Civ 5. I did BSoD the first two times I tried to run the game and I'm not sure if it's due to the Catalyst 13.2 beta 7 drivers I'm using or some incompatibility with Crossfire. I disabled Crossfire and was able to play.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 23:12 

The menu bar is stretched over all 3 monitors with important elements on the far left and right side. I can't play that way myself, and even if the game plays in 6000x1080 it is poorly implemented. I can't believe after so many years, games still have no proper support.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 08:26 
Insiders
Insiders

What's everyone's FPS like in this game? Mine is terrible.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 16:43 

you guys got to play the game?! :o !!

kidding, i fought with the serers and logged about 5 hours in US East 2, and about 5 hours on Europe East 1.
So i have two seperate regions each with 2 cities in each.

im back to my single 2560x1440 so i can't comment on surround, but i just had to post cause im glad to see other gamers playing the game. I'm actually not playing at all now, after losing hours of work due to server crashes and other issues, im just giving them a few more days in hopes it gets better..

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 07:33 

I'm sure server problems are going to be fixed soon. People can overreact so much online it's amazing. It's just a fricking game :) For being online only, blame people who pirate software, because that's where the real problem is. I did my share in the past to. Until you realise that you breaking the stuff you enjoy, playing games as I do for 30 years now. Anyway, I have to say that I enjoy the game alot. The lack of good surround is not a gamebreaking issue for me, but I hope they patch the stretching menu in a future update.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2013, 11:44 

Native eyefinity support but its not optimised for multimonitor.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2013, 12:59 
Administrators
Administrators

leop wrote:
Native eyefinity support but its not optimised for multimonitor.

It is optimised for multi-monitor, it's not optimised for SLI, or more accurately NVIDIA doesn't have a profile for it yet. The fact the game UI is spanned is a none issue in a strategy type game or a city builder in this case. Case and point, take a close look at how the main menu is laid out, more specifically, note where the boundary a 16:9 monitor would be, and what is beyond it.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."