Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 20:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Thanks again Helifax and
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 01:05 
I Donated
I Donated

Thanks again Helifax and Hayden! Works perfectly!

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 02:10 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax, I used your latest plugin with WSF (deleting the existing plugin) and after it loads the game, the screen goes completely black. After testing, it appears as though the HUD/text elements aren't displayed, but the rest of the image is.

I'm using a single 16:10 widescreen monitor at 1920x1200. The default plugin stretches the HUD, but i'm looking for a plugin that will fill the screen, but not stretch it. Am I doing somethiing wrong here? Both my Dark Souls resolution and my dsfix.ini is set to 1920x1200 too, if that's any help.

Hmm I have not tested it for 1 Screen resolution and it will probably not work for 1 screen at the moment. Everything is dark since is pushing the hud on your 2nd monitor which you dont have:))... So that is why is like that....

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 02:27 

Just played for an hour with it, its flawless, thank you guys

Post subject: works great!
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 09:54 

Thanks again guys! The last plugin works great!

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 11:06 

Thanks for the clarification and I hope you fix the single-monitor issue in the future!

Post subject: svr wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 14:35 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Whaat??? Noo I dont believe that! on my GTX 590 I dont get more than 40% gpu utilization... and I top 30fps in 3D Surround.... so something else is weird there with your setup.:-s are you sure you setup the internal renderer correct?

Yes, I believe I did right. Internal render, resolution and ingame resolution are the same. Rebooted and tried again but no change. GPU usage shows between 40-80%. I have no perfomance issues otherwise so it could be driver related or maybe the port is just that crappy.

svr - regarding your 15fps issue, I found this on Durante's post on Neogaf:

"Some information for those having trouble with their framerate being locked at 15:
Originally Posted by chiablo:
If you have a 120Hz monitor, you might run into one of two problems:
Framerate locked at 15Hz, or resolution is locked at 720x540.

The fix is to open up the DarkSouls.ini file and manually set your fullscreen resolution and monitor's framerate there.

The .ini file is located here: C:Users[YourUserName]AppDataLocalNBGIDarkSoulsDarkSouls.ini

Some people have reported that using HDMI rather than DisplayPort also resolves the issue."

Do either of these apply to you?

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 17:29 

Strangely it doesn't seem to fix the UI for me.

I've never had much extensive use with flawless widescreen, so I might have added it wrong. Does Version: 1.0.101 -- SV: 3 mean it's the right one? Or is there some other way to look?

I put it in the plugins folder.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 18:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Strangely it doesn't seem to fix the UI for me.

I've never had much extensive use with flawless widescreen, so I might have added it wrong. Does Version: 1.0.101 -- SV: 3 mean it's the right one? Or is there some other way to look?

I put it in the plugins folder.

Hey there! Atm the plugin works only with Widescreen Fixer: www.widescreenfixer.org
HaYDeN tried yesterday to add it to flawless widescreen but it seems that on Windows 8 the memory allocation is different and it didn't work for him. We are still investigating ...

Best regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 19:25 

Ah, thanks! Was about to try disabling Helixx's 3d patch to see if it was causing issues. Works great.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 02:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Anyone with Windows 8 tested the plugin with Dark Souls? If so please let me know if it worked or not:)

Thanks
Helifax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 29  Next