Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 22:20 

Not sure what causing it exactly but it seem the game still refuses to startup with the fixer enabled :/ its strange because it worked fine before that annoying steam quick patch a few days ago :/

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 23:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Not sure what causing it exactly but it seem the game still refuses to startup with the fixer enabled :/ its strange because it worked fine before that annoying steam quick patch a few days ago :/

Well the fix should be enabled after the game was launched:) not before:) Then it should work:) I see no reason not to:))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 07:20 

Does anyone know if there is a tool somewhere to adjust the FoV? There used to be one by Hayden but that died. He made a new utility but didn't include the FoV functions. FoV feels pretty bad in 16:10...

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 02:06 

Dang, thought this was fixed since Flawless Widescreen and Widescreenfixer both have fixes. But it looks like the EE is completely borked.

EDIT: Finally managed to get it to work through the tutorial last night with Widescreenfixer. Stopped playing after that. Picked it back up tonight and it just instantly crashes the moment I activate the fix.

Post subject: Hydralisk_X wrote:Dang,
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 17:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Dang, thought this was fixed since Flawless Widescreen and Widescreenfixer both have fixes. But it looks like the EE is completely borked.

EDIT: Finally managed to get it to work through the tutorial last night with Widescreenfixer. Stopped playing after that. Picked it back up tonight and it just instantly crashes the moment I activate the fix.

Hey there:) The WideScreen Fixer plugin was made for versions of the game before they introduced the custom aspect ratio in the Configuration tool and you were basically stuck on 1 monitor. Now with a patch you can select your 3x resolution and correct aspect ratio so no need for the tool.

As for the FOV the plugin doesn't fix this.

Why would you want to use the fix if is not needed?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

Post subject: new update from steam
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 23:46 

new update from steam Widscreen fixer don't work for me. someone else??

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 05:22 

[quote]Dang, thought this was fixed since Flawless Widescreen and Widescreenfixer both have fixes. But it looks like the EE is completely borked.

Hey there:) The WideScreen Fixer plugin was made for versions of the game before they introduced the custom aspect ratio in the Configuration tool and you were basically stuck on 1 monitor. Now with a patch you can select your 3x resolution and correct aspect ratio so no need for the tool.

Best Regards,
Helifax

What custom aspect ratio in the Configuration tool are you talking about?

As you can see, I'm using the latest Steam version and here's what it gives me for Aspect Ratio... It doesn't matter what aspect I set it to, without a fix it's just pillarboxed. Keep in mind I'm using eyefinity, not nvsurround. I'm also aware of the ability to set your own custom aspect ratio in the config file. It appeared to work for someone else on this forum who was using nvsurround, but it does nothing for me.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 10:28 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Dang, thought this was fixed since Flawless Widescreen and Widescreenfixer both have fixes. But it looks like the EE is completely borked.

Best Regards,
Helifax

What custom aspect ratio in the Configuration tool are you talking about?

As you can see, I'm using the latest Steam version and here's what it gives me for Aspect Ratio... It doesn't matter what aspect I set it to, without a fix it's just pillarboxed. Keep in mind I'm using eyefinity, not nvsurround. I'm also aware of the ability to set your own custom aspect ratio in the config file. It appeared to work for someone else on this forum who was using nvsurround, but it does nothing for me.

Let me see. Ahaaa.. Interesting. I am using nvidia surround and here is how it looks for me.. I didn't know this wasn't the case for Eyefinity!!! Rest assured! Will update the plugin today to work with the latest version

Best Regards,
Helifax

Attached files

Post subject: Thanks Helifax!
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 10:31 

Thanks Helifax!

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 11:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated the plugin to the latest Steam version (v.3.2 I guess)

If you cannot see any changes after activating the fix for the 1st time try to disable and enable it again. I noticed that sometimes it doesnt work from the 1st try. Please let me know if it works:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Attached files Plugin.The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings.rar (17.7 KB) Plugin.The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings.rar (17.7 KB)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next