Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 00:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:51 

Same here, I bought 3rd monitor and a second display adapter only to find out that it's nearly impossible to play MP without killing your mates. Whats incredible though, the game runs perfectly with all settings maxed out on 5760x1080 with two MSI N580GTX XE 3GB in SLI. Looks amazing too. :)

I just wish this problem gets fixed soon so I can play MP. Can anybody confirm that the fix is coming in the next patch? I cant seem to find any news about that, only the lens flare and weapon nerfs news.

Guess I'll have to play something else for this weekend, it's a bummer though since I invested lots of time and money for this.

Just use the fix a few pages back. Run at 4800x900 resolution and enjoy Widescreen+Markers! Also bad graphics.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 01:51 

Just use the fix a few pages back. Run at 4800x900 resolution and enjoy Widescreen+Markers! Also bad graphics.

..and while I'm at it, I get to enjoy non-centered hud. Thanks but no thanks. My solution for this has been Co-op missions and playing on almost empty servers where there is lower chance of hitting one of your own. :P

Co-op can be fun, but I bought the game for 32/64 players conquest. I sure hope that they will fix this asap.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 04:38 

[quote]

..and while I'm at it, I get to enjoy non-centered hud. Thanks but no thanks. My solution for this has been Co-op missions and playing on almost empty servers where there is lower chance of hitting one of your own. :P

Co-op can be fun, but I bought the game for 32/64 players conquest. I sure hope that they will fix this asap.

While your doing that fix your also centering the hud Brah. I play at that with A centered hud no problem. Sure the game doesnt look as great, but its smooth and I can get killz.

Post subject: Hitmanthe3rd wrote:While
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 22:03 

While your doing that fix your also centering the hud Brah. I play at that with A centered hud no problem. Sure the game doesnt look as great, but its smooth and I can get killz.

Do you mean the "GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 0.800000" to "GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 0.300000" -fix? Thought that was working only for people with AMD cards.
If it works with nVidia then that would be great, not happy about lowering resolution, tho. I might try that one, or maybe I'll just wait for the patch. :|

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 16:45 

The fix for lost player icons and a mixed up HUD is to disable you Eyefinity group and rearrange you monitors so that the monitor on the left is set to the primary.

When I first setup the 3x1280x1024 eyefinity I made the cable coming from the active adaptor go to the middle monitor. All monitors were DVI input so I needed the active DP to DVI adaptor to make it run.

But to solve the lost icons in BF2 I swapped the plug to the left monitor reconfigured the eyefinity group with monitor 2 as my primary and she runs full screen with the HUD and icons sorted and a lot faster now shes not running in a window..

So said Shev...

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 05:55 

The fix for lost player icons and a mixed up HUD is to disable you Eyefinity group and rearrange you monitors so that the monitor on the left is set to the primary.

When I first setup the 3x1280x1024 eyefinity I made the cable coming from the active adaptor go to the middle monitor. All monitors were DVI input so I needed the active DP to DVI adaptor to make it run.

But to solve the lost icons in BF2 I swapped the plug to the left monitor reconfigured the eyefinity group with monitor 2 as my primary and she runs full screen with the HUD and icons sorted and a lot faster now shes not running in a window..

So said Shev...

Does not work for Nvidia. Were stuck on the 4800x900 fix.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 14:35 

[quote]The fix for lost player icons and a mixed up HUD is to disable you Eyefinity group and rearrange you monitors so that the monitor on the left is set to the primary.

So said Shev...

Does not work for Nvidia. Were stuck on the 4800x900 fix.

Look i'm sorry for the Nvidia guys but I've used Nvidia for 3D which doesn't work yet with BF3 but is awsome in COD..

The above fix might not make any sense but I'll give it another try because when I turned the pc on tonight BC3 reverted back to the lost icons..

So the fix goes like this...

step 1: Disable eyefinity group within AMD vision control center

step 2: goto screen resolution in windows and disable all monitors untill you are left with the single lefthand monitor on it's own

step 3: renable the other two monitors and extend windows desktop to them both

step 4: now back to the AMD vision control centers desktop management and you should see all three monitors lined up one to three, swap the middle one to the lefthand position and set it to primary. You should see the monitors lined up two, one, three.

step 5: now create the eyefinite group and you should see it set up as 2, that is the group when formed will have a big 2 in the middle instead of a 1. And the line of three below will be all 2...

step 6: start the game in full resolution, full screen and you should see the tags in the right place and the minimap on the far left and the HUD far right and the message box in the righ place. Now my screen setup is 3x1280x1024 which is different than 3x1080p so i'm happy with the minimap and HUD on the side screens. Not how they patched them in BBC2 and MOH when they brought the minimap and HUD and the message box back onto the center monitor. Might have worked on a big 19:10, 19:9 monitor but on the 4:3 monitor it got a bit cluttered..

But once you restart it seems to default back to monitor 1 in the AMD vision control center I think, could have been because I crashed out before bed but now I know haow to reset it without pulling plugs..

Shev out..

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 18:30 

IS there Gonna be a fix for this? Is EA aware of the problem with hud/spotting problem with eyefinity?Will it be soon? Stuck on 1 monitor and hate it

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 22:18 

They claim they're working on it but we gotta wait for the official changelist to be posted. It's supposed to happen either this week or the next. Forgot when... I recall zh1nt0 mentioning of a list that'll come the following week and that was last week. So I'm in the same boat as everyone else waiting for them to say something about it.

Post subject: I don't know guys, I've
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 11:33 

I don't know guys, I've played Battlefield 3 MP quite much on the past few days. I decided not to let this annoyance to ruin my fun but to learn to recognize the uniforms. It's quite easy when you get the hang of it. All you have to remember is which side you are on, that's confusing sometimes. Choppers and Tanks are easy, Jets and some other vehicles hard. At first I played only on normal servers (no TK) but now I'm back playing my favourite, HC-mode. Being not able to see player icons is really quite of fun way to play, if one considers that as some sort of 'realistic'-mode. :)

Anyway, the multi-player friend/foe icons DO work! Or work in a sence of showing up when I'm spotting an enemy or aiming at friendlies for a while. Choppers and vehicles usually show up almost half the time. All the flag markers do work. So whatever their problem with the icons is, it cant be very difficult to fix. One thing I noticed was that the Icons are scaled wrong, 3-5times wider than usual. That tells me that they have not tested this game with multi-monitor setups before launch. Shame on you, Dice!

[EDIT] I'm not sure if it has anything to do with me seeing MP-icons half of the time, but I updated my nVidia drivers to 285.79 BETA on monday or so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next