Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 02:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 17:35 

umm.. Hayden can u just release a fix that only do the cutcenes?

the INI approach seems to work with eerything else but the cutscenes..

so:

INI edit + Hayden Fix = Proper Eyefinity support

I'm quite certain INI edit and Hayden fix cannot possibly work together as its difficult for any external application to know when the game is in cutscene or normal mode. It just applies the FOV fix constantly to everything.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 03:19 
Insiders
Insiders

What we really needed was for Epic and People Can Fly to not cheap out majorly on the console to PC porting job. :nudgenudge :doh

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 20:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Voting with my wallet, passing :D

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 22:12 

IMO people making a bit of a song and dance about nothing on this one. The game has a terrible "story" and rubbish cutscenes anyhow. You either like the gameplay or not and the INI fixes are ok for the game. Personally the cutscenes seem watchable just awkwardly framed regardless.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 02:55 
Insiders
Insiders

IMO people making a bit of a song and dance about nothing on this one. The game has a terrible "story" and rubbish cutscenes anyhow. You either like the gameplay or not and the INI fixes are ok for the game. Personally the cutscenes seem watchable just awkwardly framed regardless.

And I think people should stop being so content with mediocrity.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 12:32 
Editors
Editors

Problem is, some real-time cutscenes happen right in the middle of a gameplay sequence... Say you're walking (Hor+) then reach a script that has you sliding down collapsing ground (Vert-) and you resume walking (Hor+). Sure it's no biggie, but it's still annoying and disappointing. So many stupid FOV values painstakingly fixed, and the game still feels kinda broken.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 14:20 

And I think people should stop being so content with mediocrity.

Bulletstorm as a game is mediocrity in a package. I assure you I would be more concerned on some AAA title, but this is so disposable.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 17:08 

OK, the PC demo was released so I tried it.

I really liked it, using the ready-to-download config files from the WSGF solutions thread. The gameplay is fun and I really like the settings, the graphics etc.

But, what I really don't like is the performance. As I'm running 5040x1050 (+ Bezel Comp.) I obviously do have the "Divisible by 8" Bug. But I'm definitely not gonna mess with my registry, just to mess something different! It's not a thing of "can't" but rather of "not willing to".

If this bug ever gets fixed... I might buy the game.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 18:21 
Insiders
Insiders

6 weeks to even release their PC demo.. I'm not holding my breath on a bug-fix patch for PC.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 18:53 

Just wanted to say that I've been sitting on this game since last year when I got it on sale for cheap. It is much more entertaining than I expected and runs fantastic in 3d surround (nvidia) on my GTX480's. The game is a pure linear FPS but the environments are eye-pleasing on high settings using the file downloads that fix the FOV issues from here - http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/bulletstorm

All in all recommended as a fun title that looks great (cuts scenes Are only trouble spot but they are short and infrequent):

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next