Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 00:41 
Insiders
Insiders

The nVidia Workaround was tested only on GoG 1.1 Version on nVidia hardware.... the best solution I found is to only have that option checked. Deselect the other options and see if is working on steam...
Nevertheless there still are some problems during cutscenes: The tool forces to render on 3 screens why the game "battles" to render on 1 screen. As a result you will get from time to time the image shrink down to the left monitor for 1 sec or so.... That is because CDPRJ decided to write in those memory locations the values again and again and again....

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 01:08 
I Donated
I Donated

I see. Really disappointing on CD Project's end.

Oh well, back to Terraria while waiting for the game to be playable.

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 01:35 

Retail v1.1 works fine here now. Though, I still kept playing on one monitor... Performance hit in dialogue scenes is massive. In Flotsam, I get about 30-40fps (Maxed everything, Uber-Sampling deactivated) which is fine and well playable. However, dialogue scenes drop down to 13fps.

Any suggestions, what to disable or something like that? Unplayable this way.

Try and disable Cinematic depth of field, that fixed performance for me in dialogues and cutscenes. And I can't even see degradation in visual quality. :)

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 02:15 

[quote]Retail v1.1 works fine here now. Though, I still kept playing on one monitor... Performance hit in dialogue scenes is massive. In Flotsam, I get about 30-40fps (Maxed everything, Uber-Sampling deactivated) which is fine and well playable. However, dialogue scenes drop down to 13fps.

Any suggestions, what to disable or something like that? Unplayable this way.

"Maxed everything" start by unmaxing everything.. then slowly turn things back on until you get the performance you want. Also I assume you already have CCC 11.5b drivers which improves the Witcher 2 CF profiles.

Turns out, that I only had to turn off "Cinematic depth of field"... Now everything runs fine. I wonder if I can turn it back on, as soon as we get an official fix for Multi-Monitor. :hide

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 02:19 

Try and disable Cinematic depth of field, that fixed performance for me in dialogues and cutscenes. And I can't even see degradation in visual quality. :)

Ahh... well... Just found out myself... But thanks for the answer ;)

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 11:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Heydan,

I know you modified the interval when you write your values from 50 miliseconds to something less.
I was wondering if you can increase the frequency of writing these values for the nVidia Workaround for like (5ms or something). I want to see if this provides better results. Currently some problem appear from time to time...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 11:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Heydan,

I know you modified the interval when you write your values from 50 miliseconds to something less.
I was wondering if you can increase the frequency of writing these values for the nVidia Workaround for like (5ms or something). I want to see if this provides better results. Currently some problem appear from time to time...

not easily.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 12:12 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Heydan,

not easily.

If you are willing to try and increase the writing rate, I can test it and provide the necessary feedback...I've been meddling with Cheat Engine in the witcher 2 exec but can't say I really find out the code that re-writes the aspect ration and render viewport...

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 16:03 

hi there hayden

sorry chap but its not working for me. ive got the latest version of steam running and the latest flawless..

no matter what i try i cant get rid of the black bars..

anyone else having this problem?

sn0w

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 17:30 

hi there hayden

sorry chap but its not working for me. ive got the latest version of steam running and the latest flawless..

no matter what i try i cant get rid of the black bars..

anyone else having this problem?

sn0w

Same, as I stated above.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 53  Next