Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 06:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 13:40 

Hi Guys,

i cant find the exact working refresh rate for my three Benq´s at 5040x1050 @ 57Hz resolution.

Every time before i start a game, all three displays start to flicker in a heavy way for approx 10 seconds. After that the screen clears again and gaming is possible.When finished with gaming the whole thing starts again to flicker arround when go to desktop. The same thing happens when watching an AVI in Mediaplayer.

It seems, that in gaming or video mode, an other refresh rate is been chosen from Win7.
This flickering makes me a lot of headache and i think its not good for my TFT´s too. Its absolutely annoying.

Maybe if somebody out there, with the same setup of this displays, could write out his working refresh rate, i would be very lucky. I tried a lot of other frequencies (59 Hz too) but none solved the problem.

Running:
Win7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Nvidia 257.21 (also tried latest 260.99)
Matrox latest Soft- and Firmware

Thanks in advance

Greetings from Austria
Katharsis

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 20:15 

Im running Ati 4870X2 and have 3 Benq G2200W running perfect at 59hz. No need any special thing, just install 10.2 Catalyst drivers.

Try another Nvidia drivers, because these monitors can run 59hz with latest TH2GO firmware and Powerdesk 2.07 ;)

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 23:18 

The problem is, that i tried out several Nvidia drivers but nothing changes. Maybe someone can give me a link of the working Nvidia driver version...

It looks like the refresh rate changes in graphics mode and stays not only at the manual resolution setting @59 Hz.
I already noticed that the Benq´s are running at 59 Hz too but there is still that strange "refresh rate switching" when starting or ending a game.

Is it possible to fix the refresh reate in Win7? So that in 5040x1050 there are always 59Hz without exeption. I already set in Nvidia to 59Hz but it seems thats not enough.
Win7 does something special with refresh when leaving "desktop mode" and thats my problem.

Greetings
Katharsis

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2011, 19:50 

do you still have this problem ?
i have the same monitors running at 60hz
do you have the BenQ G2200W vista driver
if you need it let me know

from the service manual