Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 02:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 01:25 

OK!! Long story!! read the b0ll0x in it or not. BUT 3840 on latest catalyst.

I know I have read posts with things like 'Strange I am on 10.whatever with no problems.. Well maybe it is the Card.... Maybe it is the l33t install of W7 you have. BUT I personally after much much frustration have NEVER been able to get 3840 on anything above 9.8. :twisted:

So... :roll:

Perusing tinternet for some fixes after the Steam sales (Brought too much cr@p i will never play)!!! read a rumor that 3840x1024 was obtainable on Catalyst 10.11 in XP... :shock:

Not wanting to re-partition and install XP, i tried 10.12 on W7..

HA!! much to my expectations had the usual 2400 sh!t.... :evil:

But my dog-headed'ness got the better of me (never throw me a bone).... and I re-partioned anyway..

new install 10.11 > Latest Matrox PowerDesk v1.09 annnnnnnnd...

2400 b0ll0x again... :doh

Outside.. finish me vino tinto and the last of My Cubans i got for xmas (landlady don't like smoking in the bedsit :? )

A heady Latin Nicotine rush came over me. Went back and swapped me cables around.

Bada bing :shock: :shock: :shock: 3840x1024 on Windows XP on Catalyst 10.11.

W00t.. wish I hadn't smoked me last Cuban now...

Any way I was thinking. Maybe the DVI ports are different.

SO after an EasyBCD boot fix and getting back to W7 on Dualboot I tried a re-install of the Matrox software.

Nope!! no joy. 2400. So I changed the cable back to how it was. Bada f00kin bing again. 3840.. :cheers

So to cut a long story short.... (I am ranting because I am both Happy and high on Cuban)

Uninstall your cats..
Uninstall your Matrox..
Driverclean...
RegClean...

Reboot

Install Cats...
Install Matrox...

Reboot

Do not despair.. Swap cable...

Wait and hope..

Worked for me.. I am a happy man :)

The pennies I was saving for a cheap £200 GTX460 SLI can wait now...... CPU MoBO Ram first, because even though ATass caused me much pain last year.. those long waits for a load on BF2. Incompatibilities with frustrating.. "Upgrade your drivers" suggestions!!! The 4870X2 I have still rox my boat!!!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 13:40 

Read my post
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=21679

Im using ATI, and for 3840x1024 i dont need to install Powerdesk, only CAtalyst 9.7 drivers. Indeed, with Powerdesk installed im not able to set 3840... :S