Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 21:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 18:44 

Been fighting getting this res working in Windows 7 for a couple of days and decided to give it one more shot despite my considerable hair loss and stress level.

Here is what worked for me:

1) I went for as clean a slate as possible, so I first uninstalled Matrox' powerdesk, then rebooted.

2) I then uninstalled the nvidia display drivers, then rebooted.

3) Next I ran driver sweeper to remove all residual nvidia display crap. Then I rebooted.

Clean slate achieved

4) I installed 190.56 driver, rebooted.

5) I then did the CVT reduced blank trick from this thread, but with one change:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/9741

instead of entering 57hz I entered 55hz

Bingo. It worked.

I currently have no Matrox software loaded. Don't intend to load it either.

I hope this helps someone, but I'm certain it won't help everyone.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 20:37 

Hell...All you have is a few more steps to go.

1) Go into the nVidia control panel and set up a single display resolution of 1680 x 1050 @55Hz...apply/save it. Now you should have 2 saved right? The 5040 @55Hz and the 1680 @ 55Hz

2) install powerdesk

3) Run powerdesk setup after you set your (single display) desktop to the saved 1680 x 1050 @55Hz in the nVidia control panel. Note: Do Not run the setup in a widescreen mode of any kind. run it only in that saved single mode (1680 x 1050 @55Hz)

You should now have Bezil management, However.....go grab yourself a tall glass of ice tea, plop down in you easy chair, rub on some rogaine and take a chill pill. Because if you have to start all over again...I would just feel bad!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 03:34 

i don't understand why your not getting the "is not supported by your display" message? or maybe im doing something wrong.

update, i managed to make a 5040x1050 55hz but shows as 54hz in nvidia Control Panel. But the resolution looks to big for the monitors. i also managed to make 54,55,56,59hz resolutions using the same things. but the resolution continues to look to big for the screens. after checking what my monitor is set to, its running 1280x1024 at 59hz wich is wrong if im currently going at 5040x1050 in windows, thats the difference and why the resolution looks too big.

update 2, after a long night of frustration.. no luck. im still stuck at this crappy resolution, i went so far as to format and re install windows 7. most of the time i couldn't get by the "failed test, your display doesn't support that resolution" and when i managed to get it working it didn't scale properly and my monitors were showing a resolution lower then what i had in windows. im thinking its because of the settings the th2g box firmware has or something. if so maybe backing the firmware up and posting it could help me out, its a try that might work unless someone has a better idea. i followed the instructions and nothing..

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009, 09:40 

Specification
[list][*]Nvidia 260 GTX (note, as this will most likely make a difference, wouldn't it be nice if Nvidia kept compatiblity up for our hardware in their drivers....)[/*:m]
[*]Windows 7 64bit[/*:m][/list:u]

All i did was ...
[list=1]
[*] Firmware upgrade the TH2GO Digital I have[/*:m]
[*] Install http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-ForceWare-190.56-Win-7-%7C-Vista-(64-bit)-download-2339.html
Dont click link as your forum urls are stuffed... copy and past into address bar[/*:m]
[*] Rebooted[/*:m]
[*] Install 2.05 Matrox th2go driver[/*:m]
[*] Run Wizard[/*:m]
[*] Reboot as prompted[/*:m]
[*] No Windows Error and sets it to 5040x1050[/*:m][/list:o]

Now all i need is Aion to work properly at 5040x1050 :D
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/10848t=

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 13:14 

just wanted to update in the long road to making this work or just getting the new ati card. I found that the firmware was behind the limitation with resolutions and not being able to make my own resolutions, so reflashing the th2g firmware helped. I am now at 5040x1050 BUT my monitors information only shows each monitor is 1280x1024 at 54hz or whatever i want it to be (i hope) anyway, i want to know what is behind the monitors showing that resolution... scaling this and scaling thatm i dont think its the problem. its like the th2g firmware is limited to a few hz and doesn't allow wider range of hz resolutions or something. i tried to use a edid editor and because of the th2g box i cant do that, this is stupid. The x223w monitors could work on the th2g if it had more options... unless im completely wrong, then why the hell are my monitors showing 1280x1024 when they should be showing 1680x1050 and all should be working!!!