Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 18:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Building a new rig
PostPosted: 08 May 2009, 02:23 

[quote]I still think the Antec 1200 is the best case...

Yeah, I looked at it but, it is not compatible with the 3-way SLi ! For 3-way Sli, you need 8 expansion slots while this case has 7. Only the Skeleton and the Nine Hundred Two has 8 slots !

I beleave you are wrong....I have the old Antec 900 and I have enough slots for Tri SLI! And I had a clan member check to see if his 1200 case had enough slots, and he dose. You must be using a odd MB???? Are you trying to use Tri SLI and a sound card?

PostPosted: 08 May 2009, 03:51 

I beleave you are wrong....I have the old Antec 900 and I have enough slots for Tri SLI! And I had a clan member check to see if his 1200 case had enough slots, and he dose. You must be using a odd MB???? Are you trying to use Tri SLI and a sound card?

Yeah the UD4P mobo looks like having a weird design. The 3rd pci-e slot is very low on the board. If you count the connectors (2 for each pci-e) you'll need 8 slots. So maybe it depends of the mobo.

You can see here that the 3rd card is in one slot only (and the 7th) !

PostPosted: 08 May 2009, 06:14 

[quote]I beleave you are wrong....I have the old Antec 900 and I have enough slots for Tri SLI! And I had a clan member check to see if his 1200 case had enough slots, and he dose. You must be using a odd MB???? Are you trying to use Tri SLI and a sound card?

Yeah the UD4P mobo looks like having a weird design. The 3rd pci-e slot is very low on the board. If you count the connectors (2 for each pci-e) you'll need 8 slots. So maybe it depends of the mobo.

You can see here that the 3rd card is in one slot only (and the 7th) !

Well that explains it! Damn Gigabyte boards are looking better these days...Hey Antec....Make a 1200 black Ed. Also if your Cpu HS dosen't fit the new case (skeleton) then take a look at this one....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835702007

Has a push/ pull fan setup.and you can change the fans out for higher "CFM" 120mm fans.....

PostPosted: 09 May 2009, 18:32 

I received all the stuff yesturday and I built the monster ... nothing works !

I've been on it all the night and still not working, I don't even have any screen displayed. The CPU cooler gets hot really quick and the fan is running at very very low speed. I noticed that when I don't plug the 12Vx2 connector, the CPU fan runs at normal speed ...

Now I browse forums to find a solution before RMA.

It's like the 10th computer I build and they always booted perfectly first shot. :?

EDIT : Never mind, I found it. I've put the memory modules in the wrong slots. Slots are inverted, it goes like that : 2-1-4-3-6-5. So I had to put them in the second slot of each channel to get in 1-3-5 (white slots)!!